4 bets (1 Viewer)

Frozi

Sitting Out
Reaction score
How come whenever I watch poker on TV, even If there are only two or three people in a hand pre flop. If someone has a strong hand, queens, kings, aces. The commentator tends to reccomend a 4 bet? I sometimes see that when they are heads up. Don't you want to play the flop? I feel a 4 bet will only make those weaker hands fold.

How come whenever I watch poker on TV, even If there are only two or three people in a hand pre flop. If someone has a strong hand, queens, kings, aces. The commentator tends to reccomend a 4 bet? I sometimes see that when they are heads up. Don't you want to play the flop? I feel a 4 bet will only make those weaker hands fold.
It depends a lot on stack depth and position.

Out of position, you basically always want to 4bet your strong hands to negate you positional disadvantage. When in position, it can depend on stack depth. If shallow like in a tournament, you can just call a 3bet from an OOP player because the SPR will already be low enough that stacking off post flop can never be that bad.

When deep however, you need to 4 bet to charge the 3 bettor and to reduce the SPR.

If you only 4 bet premiums than your opponents can exploit the lack of balance by over folding. The key is finding the right “game theory optimal” frequency as well as carefully choosing your 4 bet bluffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom