3D3P store updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Follow this thread if you'd like updates on when I add stuff to the store. I'll post in here when I add something new.

For instance, the other day I added a "Partial sample set" for the Universal Rack Spacers. Most people don't need the really thick spacers above 4mm unless you have very thin chips and very wide racks. Those thick ones really add to the cost of the sample set, so this is a cheaper option that will work for most people. Plus you can stack some of the thinner spacers together if you need to try a size larger than 4mm and then order more of the thicker size if needed.

You can find the new partial sample set on the spacer store page:
https://3d3p.square.site/product/un...true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=6

More to come!

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have added inserts for 43mm chips to the page for the chip flattening racks for those who like to use the larger size ceramic blanks.

I was unhappy with the small amount of warping that I was getting on the corners of my card trays, so I'm now printing those with rafts on the bottom and the results are much better. This uses up some more plastic and takes longer, so I had to raise the price on those by $0.50 to cover the increase. I think it's worth it for the better quality though.

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
43mm "ribbed" inserts for the chip flattening racks are now available in the store. These were requested by @AK Chip so that you can stack 43mm blanks with 39mm chips and have them all centered together instead of them all being aligned along one edge. I have to print them differently due to the ribbed shape and it takes longer, so the price is a little higher for this option.

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small update today: green is now available as a color choice. I ordered it about a month ago, but it was out of stock. Then they finally shipped it, and it went to my office and I'm working from home. After a couple days we got it sorted out and they delivered it to my house instead.

The green is a good medium green, a little lighter than these WSOP Cinci 25s:

green slug.jpg

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First new item in a long time! 71mm wide racks for 8V China Clays are now for sale.

I was hoping to price these lower, but based on the amount of plastic that goes into each one, plus about 8 hours of printing time per rack, this was the best I could do. Let me know if you have any questions about them.

Soon I'll be rolling out other rack sizes like for 36mm diameter chips. I'll also post the models for the racks very soon, but it's getting late tonight, so I will try to do that tomorrow.

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small update: I'm heading to South Dakota on vacation for a few days, and I'll be trying to unplug and ignore PMs and emails. My printers will also get a break for the first time since February basically.

When I get back, I'll work on getting the little Shuffle Stack Racks in the store.

I got 3 boxes shipped out today, and I'm almost caught up on orders. @Pinball your racks are about 1/3 done, fyi.

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

My apologies to those who have been waiting a long time for their orders. I hate to have this much of a backlog, but August has not been the most productive due to a 1-week vacation, trying to get my kids ready for school with all the Covid changes, and my printer malfunctioning.

My newer, bigger printer (a Creality CR-10 V2) has been having some issues for a few months now, but in the last few weeks it has gotten much worse. I was having lots of failed prints and then it upgraded to a full-blown fire hazard. I had to shut it down after getting this error every time I printed:

thremal runaway.png

At one point I had the bed set to 40 deg C and I measured it at 113 C with my thermometer. That's 235 F - yikes! And it would have kept heating even more if I hadn't turned it off.

I finally got in touch with the right person and they are sending me a new motherboard, so hopefully it will arrive soon. In the meantime I'm still printing with my little Ender 3, but it's slower with just 1 printer going.

I have 3 orders that are done printing and I glued the pieces together overnight. I hope to get them boxed up for shipping tonight.

Thanks for all your patience!

Ben

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The motherboard swap was actually easier than expected. The wires actually had some slack, unlike when I had to swap the board on my Ender 3, which is really cramped. After I put in the new board, I was still having a problem though. The cables from the bed to the control box flex as the bed moves back and forth, and I think there is a break there (which may have been the problem all along and the old motherboard might have been fine). I asked them to send me a new cable, but it has to be soldered to the bed, so they did one better and they're going to send me a whole new bed and cable! The customer service from this Amazon seller has been great.

In the meantime, I added a splint to the cable, and that has temporarily solved the problem. So, I've been back to 2 printers running again, and I'm getting caught up on orders. I'll be out of touch for the next couple days though. Going on a Scout campout with my son to Camp Tahosa, and there is no cell coverage up there. Last time we were there was in January when the lake was frozen:

IMG_20200125_105223474_HDR.jpg

The mountains are calling, and I must go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom