3D3P online store soft opening

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Setting up an online store is complicated, and I'm not sure that I've done everything entirely right. So, I will be doing a soft opening so I don't get a bunch of orders at once and then realize I've messed something up. I'm starting with just one item and only 10 in the inventory. If all goes smoothly, I'll be making the other items visible for sale soon and adding more to the inventory. Check back in this thread for updates! Here's the store link again:
www.3d3p.us

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a question for you guys: is it a hassle to use Square for payment for the store? I have to upgrade to a more expensive plan to accept Paypal through the store. I don't know if this is a deal breaker for anybody or if the Square payment is fine.

It looks like the store is working well so far. Next I will be adding the card trays and universal rack spacers to the store. Thanks for the orders so far!!

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The store has been updated with card trays and rack spacers.

I will be working on 8V China Clay chip racks next and 43mm Racker Stackers. Any other requests for the next products to add?

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm headed to the Post Office!

IMG_20200215_171016493.jpg

davin

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bet those racker stacker is good for setting up chips for a photo shoot as well

davin

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
btw will you ever accept PayPal?

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
btw will you ever accept PayPal?
I built my store using the Square ecommerce site, so it's naturally built around their payment system. If I upgrade my account to the next level for another $14/month I could accept PayPal, but I'd have to bump my prices slightly to cover the cost.

Alternatively, if anyone really wants to pay via PayPal, you can send me a PM with your order instead of using the store. I'll clarify any order details like colors and then generate an invoice in PayPal and send it to you. Please include your email address in the order so I can send you the invoice. Thanks!

davin

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I built my store using the Square ecommerce site, so it's naturally built around their payment system. If I upgrade my account to the next level for another $14/month I could accept PayPal, but I'd have to bump my prices slightly to cover the cost.

Alternatively, if anyone really wants to pay via PayPal, you can send me a PM with your order instead of using the store. I'll clarify any order details like colors and then generate an invoice in PayPal and send it to you. Please include your email address in the order so I can send you the invoice. Thanks!
ok def looking forward to ur other items so I can bundle everything in one shipment

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I've got a question for you guys: is it a hassle to use Square for payment for the store? I have to upgrade to a more expensive plan to accept Paypal through the store. I don't know if this is a deal breaker for anybody or if the Square payment is fine.
Provide a "Pay cash" option, pay off line? Not sure what the limit is got personal PayPal...

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check out shopify, i dont think they are that expensive
I looked them up and they're a similar price to Square/Weebly. Shopify is $29/month. Square is $26/month to accept Paypal (I'm on the $12/mo. plan right now).
Other ones I've tried:
- Big Cartel
- Wix
- 3Dcart

All of those have pluses and minuses, but the big minus to me is that they don't automatically calculate and collect sales tax. You have to use a third-party site like Avalara to manage sales tax, and I prefer the simplicity of Square doing it for me.

I'm open to other ideas for stores though. I bought the domain 3d3p.us and just point it to my store, so it's easy to forward it to a different site if I change stores.

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anybody guess what the teaser photo is of?

I got a new thing to experiment with. I'm going to try smoothing out some objects like racks so they don't cause wear on the chips. We'll see how it works.

IMG_20200228_124045801.jpg

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading to the post office to ship an order right now. And I got a package today with a new motherboard for my Ender 3, so hopefully I can get it running again later. Woot!

Top Bottom