3D Printed and Laser Cut Chip Tray (1 Viewer)

Amish Rabbi

Straight
Reaction score
I wanted a 25 chip per slot tray for my smaller board game chips. 100 just wasn’t enough and I didn’t want to deal with more than one tray. So with some judicious use of my a 3D printed and my laser, I made a chip tray. I’m very happy with how it turned out. Probably way more screws than I needed, I would probably switch to 5 or so 1/4-20 ones if I make another
400528C5-9A6C-4CF0-9D12-A53174388B20.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got a few old wooden racks that are 25 chips x 4 barrels that you are welcome to, if you want them. I'm sure they used to be inserts in a wooden case, but these I've accumulated from various eBay auctions that I won that were shipped this way.

That looks stunning! Great work.

I can see great potential in this. For example, if you have 8/8/4/7 tourney starting stacks for a total of 27 chips (or 28 if including a bounty) then a few racks slightly larger to these would allow you to set them out pre-made. I am actually planning on doing something similar but in wood - my tourney is usually 12/17/4/6 with two rebuy chips so 41 chips total. This is super annoying as it's one chip too many for 2 barrels and also standard chip trays take 5 barrels so there's always an empty one. I was planning on making trays taking 41 chips per row.

I've got a few old wooden racks that are 25 chips x 4 barrels that you are welcome to, if you want them. I'm sure they used to be inserts in a wooden case, but these I've accumulated from various eBay auctions that I won that were shipped this way.
Thanks but still sticks me with 100 chips, this let me get an extra 10 $10 chips and some more of the smaller denoms to help round out for a 5-6 player game of some sort. And 200 chips seemed to much.

That looks stunning! Great work.

I can see great potential in this. For example, if you have 8/8/4/7 tourney starting stacks for a total of 27 chips (or 28 if including a bounty) then a few racks slightly larger to these would allow you to set them out pre-made. I am actually planning on doing something similar but in wood - my tourney is usually 12/17/4/6 with two rebuy chips so 41 chips total. This is super annoying as it's one chip too many for 2 barrels and also standard chip trays take 5 barrels so there's always an empty one. I was planning on making trays taking 41 chips per row.
That’s a cool idea. I gave the model for a similar tray but 20 chips to a friend. When he has some time he is going to machine one out of aluminum for me. Mostly just to see how it looks lol, it won’t be the lightest chip tray ever.

41 is a very annoying number, that is going to be a heavy tray if the rows are 41 and you have 4 or 5 rows!

I actually have a couple of these. They also have a 300 chip version.
1572535073855.png

Each row takes a little more than 50 chips so is also annoying! I ended up using spacers and it's not too bad to carry around (to-from the table) as it has handles on the sides.

IMG_E3886 crop.jpg

I would probably do something half this size: 5x41 chip rows.

Wow! Big tray.

I guess if it’s always at your place though, it’s not a big deal to carry it to the table and back

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom