39mm spot vector graphics (useful for Tina/Anita cards mold?) (1 Viewer)

This is a great resource, @eightyWon!

Reading the posts about measuring a curve, if using Illustrator, there's a way it will measure the path for you.
Make sure in Preferences, that units is set to display in millimeters.
Select a path:
View attachment 1052184

In the Document info window, in the upper right pull-down menu, choose "Objects"
View attachment 1052186
At the top of the info, it will show you the length of that path in mm:
View attachment 1052187

Note: each path needs to be separated to measure it, so I usually make a copy of a larger path, isolate the path I want, and measure that.
I spent a couple hours figuring this out in Illustrator on my own. Wish I had seen this thread first! :). This method worked great for me. I made the edge spot bar to be as long as the measured length of the circle path (which was close to what the circumference should be but a little off), made the edge spot the length of the measured path for each face spot (as Colquoun shows), and then used the move/copy/duplicate method to repeat spots along the edge. Once I got the hang of it it was a breeze.

I spent a couple hours figuring this out in Illustrator on my own. Wish I had seen this thread first! :). This method worked great for me. I made the edge spot bar to be as long as the measured length of the circle path (which was close to what the circumference should be but a little off), made the edge spot the length of the measured path for each face spot (as Colquoun shows), and then used the move/copy/duplicate method to repeat spots along the edge. Once I got the hang of it it was a breeze.
Apologies for the double post. I missed the window to edit my last post.

This youtube tutorial walks you through how to measure a path in Illustrator:

I recently became interested in making a China cards mold set and decided to create a vector template for some of the common edge spot patterns. I'm sharing it with the community in case anyone else finds it useful.

It was created in Inkscape and converted to use the CYMK color space using Scribus and this method and is an svg file. Here's an export of what's inside:

jDlL35A.png

The center area is 25mm in diameter including a .5mm white border.

So, in honor of my 148th post, the file:

Feedback very welcome, good, bad, or otherwise.

Obviously, if you have any questions/doubts about using/editing this file and producing print-ready output, working with an actual experienced graphic designer (which I'm not) is best

todo:
-add more edge spot patterns
-add an alternate set with roughened edge spots (to mimic clay imperfections)
-add inlay options (oversized, shaped, etc.)

edits:
-now includes all Alibaba vendor China clay Pantone colors (011722)
-converted to an AI-based file, all CPC spot patterns and rolling edges now included, China clay Pantone color swatch started (011622)
-updated to fix rolling edges based on feedback (1103)
-updated to add some initial rolling edges (1101)
-updated to fix some mixed up spot colors and an initial attempt at a few rolling edges (1031)
-updated file to fix some imperfections in various chip templates (1030)
-updated based on the great feedback from timinater.

Was a 43mm version ever made?

firm maybe
Well it worked with the chips! I used the same percentage and applied it to the edges. What I am not sure of is if the height of the chip is the same on the larger chips. If so then I just need to apply the ratio to the width of the edge... I believe.

who are Tina and Anita? Are they related to the lady from SunFly?

I ask because I'm interested in getting a set of ceramics made. My grand daughter is working on the design for me. She is using Photoshop. Should she be using a different design suite? And which supplier should I be talking to?

I ask because I'm interested in getting a set of ceramics made. My grand daughter is working on the design for me. She is using Photoshop. Should she be using a different design suite? And which supplier should I be talking to?
I believe adobe illustrator is what is required. It needs to be a vector graphic. I designed mine in Inkscape but then had to find someone to convert it to .ai

Tina and Anita are shorthand for discount, China-based ceramic chip manufacturers. No relation to Sunfly. If you are going with SunFly, you can place the order directly with them. You can also place an order directly with BR Pro Poker (another U.S.-based vendor used by many here). If you want to go with Tina, I would recommend you join the group buy that @justincarothers organizes most every month. Go to his vendor page to see the next one.

As for the file, you ideally want the file to be vector-based, so it scales without any loss of resolution. Adobe Illustrator is the most commonly used program to create vector files, but there are others, even free ones. Photoshop creates raster/bitmap files. These files to not scale well. So, if your granddaughter knows Illustrator, that would be better. But if she only knows Photoshop, it may still work as long as the file she makes is high resolution.

Yes, ultimately Adobe Illustrator is the program to use, because you can work in native CMYK, and can use the edgespot and chip template found in this post:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...phics-useful-for-tina-anita-cards-mold.81302/

You can use a Photoshop raster graphic like a photo, but the chip art should be compiled together in an illustrator file. For example, for these chips, I used a real photo from Photoshop of the sunset, but placed it into an Illustrator file with the text, Vegas Vic art and chip spot art:
IMG_5268.jpeg

I believe adobe illustrator is what is required. It needs to be a vector graphic. I designed mine in Inkscape but then had to find someone to convert it to .ai
Thank you. I will have her switch or check to see if the file can be loaded into Adobe for conversion.

Yes, ultimately Adobe Illustrator is the program to use, because you can work in native CMYK, and can use the edgespot and chip template found in this post:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...phics-useful-for-tina-anita-cards-mold.81302/

You can use a Photoshop raster graphic like a photo, but the chip art should be compiled together in an illustrator file. For example, for these chips, I used a real photo from Photoshop of the sunset, but placed it into an Illustrator file with the text, Vegas Vic art and chip spot art:
View attachment 1252020
thank you very much. That's a cool looking chip too. Well done.

Tina and Anita are shorthand for discount, China-based ceramic chip manufacturers. No relation to Sunfly. If you are going with SunFly, you can place the order directly with them. You can also place an order directly with BR Pro Poker (another U.S.-based vendor used by many here). If you want to go with Tina, I would recommend you join the group buy that @justincarothers organizes most every month. Go to his vendor page to see the next one.

As for the file, you ideally want the file to be vector-based, so it scales without any loss of resolution. Adobe Illustrator is the most commonly used program to create vector files, but there are others, even free ones. Photoshop creates raster/bitmap files. These files to not scale well. So, if your granddaughter knows Illustrator, that would be better. But if she only knows Photoshop, it may still work as long as the file she makes is high resolution.
Thank you. I appreciate the explanation. I really appreciate the clarity on vector vs. raster. I had seem something about that in another thread but was unclear.

View attachment 1252020
Who manufactured that chip for you?

Version 1 in SVG (Google Drive takes a moment to render the preview but you can download without waiting.)

Took the 9 inlay shapes from the Aces files, and I created/added in no particular order: hex, clover, star, cog/gear (12 teeth), wheel, 4 point, 4 notch, clover, cam, 2-4 moons. Feel free to suggest other ones I can try to create.

Note that I made the stylistic choice to maximize the visible area on the inlays, so some of the shapes don't go as deep into the center as the real inlays they're based on.

Max dimension of each inlay shape is 22.225mm, so that it can sit in the 24mm center and show some "background" between the debossed circle at 25mm and the shapes.

View attachment 803592
How can I download this? Do you think you can help me create my dream chip?

This is spectacularly awesome, I don't suppose I can push my luck and ask if there's any sort of guide on how to edit the template? I've got illustrator but I'm a complete noob with it.
Lol also wondering the same - did you ever get an answer/find a guide? Also very thankful for all the info here, especially useful to learn that alibaba need vector files for their designs as I was not aware!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom