3-Ring Circus - Feedback (1 Viewer)

jbriod

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my version of 3-Ring Circus. I tried to design a vintage feel.
Looking for critique (good or bad is welcomed)
I have 5 versions that I can't make up my mind on, but 2 that I think I've narrowed down.
These will be labels placed onto 43mm Royal Blanks. I haven't bought the chips yet because I'm still deciding on the label design.

Thanks for the input!
John

3Ring Circus Concept.jpg

Planet of the Apes is what jumps out at me lol. I can't read the small print. I have old eyes so there is that.

Thanks!
Yeah, I'm not sure the size will be ok on the type plus the resolution of the image.

.50 - Monkey See...Monkey Do
$1 - Go Bananas...Cheeky Monkey
$5 - Not my Circus...Not my Monkeys

Nice! Can we see a V3 with matching colors (like in V5)? Perhaps with a red denom color?

I like the star burst with the denom in it... to me it feels like a feature you would see on a circus poster which is a nice detail. I do get that it would make font sizing difficult though...

Yeah, I like that vintage poster look with the starburst.
Here's another alteration with an outlined red denom and a consistent logo type red/blue on all versions. I do like the 3-4 colors on the design vs just a 2color label.

V3 revised 2.jpg

Now I tried to incorporate the burst back in behind the art. ? or am I just overworking the label now?

V3 revised 3.jpg

Now I tried to incorporate the burst back in behind the art. ? or am I just overworking the label now?

View attachment 761764
I think you've lost the intended effect with the starburst behind the monkey head... just looks like he is wearing a collar now... but maybe you could but a circus collar around his neck instead?

Edit: clown collar

I don't particularly associate monkeys with circuses, so I was a bit confused.
You've obviously never been to a "3 Ring Circus" where monkeys are common. Maybe you are more used to 1 or even 2 ring circuses... but clearly not 3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom