2nd Annual 40th Birthday Poker Tournament (Vancouver Area) - Saturday, November 9th, 2019

grantc54

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a poker game for my 40th birthday back in 2016, and I usually have a game in November around my b-day, so I figured why not have an annual 40th birthday tournament (that is pretty much my cap for counting birthday's).

Planning for a 2-3 table poker tournament on Saturday, November 9th, 2019 starting @ 2 pm.

This tournament will be at my house in Langley (Walnut Grove).

Buy-in will be in the $70-80 range. Exact details TBD.

Let me know if you are interested.

realcdn

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Invites to go out soon... just need to decide on chips. Depends on if my new HIP T25M works out or I stick with Jack's.
My votes goes to the Jack's, as I haven't had a chance to play with those yet! But either set is awesome!

Jeevansluck

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My votes goes to the Jack's, as I haven't had a chance to play with those yet! But either set is awesome!
My resistance to the temptation to felt my set has already melted man! I'm going to be using mine for my first game on my TChan table.

So by default, if the dates work out, you'll get to play with the set I got. It's not as nice as Grants as he has a bigger and badder set, but I'll make sure you get to play with them either way

grantc54

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This event is confirmed.

Start time will be 4 pm on Saturday November 9th. Buy-in will be $70 which includes buy-in, rebuy (or add-on at 1st break if unused), bounty ($5), and high hand ($5). There will be $0.20/0.50 cash game for those who bust out.

I am borrowing a couple tables from @T_Chan and unlike my previous games this will be at my house (so will be smoke free at the tables).

Send me an e-mail or PM if interested (I e-mailed out an invite to those who have played previously).

@Frank - let your buddies know and get back to me if they can make it.

Thanks,
Grant

grantc54

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I lived in Vancouver, BC. You guys have fun without me this time... but I'm definitely going to visit one of these days! @Jeevansluck take some pics for me of you and your crew. @grantc54 happy 40th!
There are a ton of PCF'ers in this area, you could probably get in several home games hosted by PCFers (@T_Chan @Jeevansluck and myself all host games to name a few). I would love to see us have an official meet some time soon.

Unfortunately @Jeevansluck isn't going to make this tourney as he double booked. :( Hopefully he can get in on the cash game after! :wow:

@realcdn @LotsOfChips @Frank and @T_Chan are making it though. :tup:

Appreciate the birthday wishes, this is actually my 3rd 40th bday (I refuse to count after that), but this is more of a general bday event for everyone 40+. It's really an excuse to get my wife to let me run a poker game that goes all night. ;)

Any other PCFers interested still have time to join, just fire me off a PM.

Last edited:

realcdn

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of PCF'ers in this area, you could probably get in several home games hosted by PCFers (@T_Chan @Jeevansluck and myself all host games to name a few). I would love to see us have an official meet some time soon.

Unfortunately @Jeevansluck isn't going to make this tourney as he double booked. :( Hopefully he can get in on the cash game after! :wow:

@LotsOfChips @Frank and @T_Chan are making it though. :tup:

Appreciate the birthday wishes, this is actually my 3rd 40th bday (I refuse to count after that), but this is more of a general bday event for everyone 40+. It's really an excuse to get my wife to let me run a poker game that goes all night. ;)

Any other PCFers interested still have time to join, just fire me off a PM.
What about me! :LOL: :laugh:

Frank

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Should be another great time!

I think now I see your reasoning towards a high denom tourney set. That combined with the divide face value by ten cash set really must confuse everyone into straddling multiple times :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I use the same system in my games. Talk to @Mesnik44 who is the one who came up with the system. I believe he may have the setup available for sale last I heard as a kit.

Top Bottom