25NL Zone: This one hurt ... QQ in SB (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Anonymous fast-fold 6-max. No HUDs, no reads.

HJ limps and BN kicks it up to 7BB. Hero in SB with QQ 3! to 27BB. This is where it gets interesting ...

1639963122083.png

HJ jams and BN over-jams. Holy cow! QQ cant possibly be good here, right?
One of these guys must have KK or AA and the other one AK?? Hero folds, frustrated.
I decide to click the button to stay and watch the hand - bad idea.
Good lord and they have each other's outs?? Crap.

1639963307253.png

That stings a bit ... Hero would have scooped. But overall the fold was correct. :(

1639963328224.png

Puke. When I have pocket queens, and other people seem interested in their hands, I’m usually thinking, “I wonder how many chips I’m going to lose in this hand.” So I understand the fold.
And HJ’s limp, 4-bet jam screams AA. At least at the stakes I play.

Here is BN's re-shove. I would have flatted if the BN had just called but not excited to put my entire stack in.

1640006601243.png

I had to jam recently with pocket queens, ended up against AQ, and flopped an ace :rolleyes:
Knew I was behind but was short stacked so had to go
I also recently jammed AQ into QQ and flopped a Q
Smh

I badly played my QQ at the Sandia Deep Stack tourney the other weekend. I won’t bore anyone with details, but the flop came QKA. I lost 2/3 of my starting chips to the JT, running behind the whole time. It’s a bit of a miracle I escaped at all, frankly. I still find TT/JJ/QQ the hardest hands to play.

I badly played my QQ at the Sandia Deep Stack tourney the other weekend. I won’t bore anyone with details, but the flop came QKA. I lost 2/3 of my starting chips to the JT, running behind the whole time. It’s a bit of a miracle I escaped at all, frankly. I still find TT/JJ/QQ the hardest hands to play.
I like tens, they're sometimes sneaky, especially with face cards on the board, somebody pairs an Ace and feels strong about it not expecting a set of tens.
Honestly I'd put AA in there with JJ, they're about the same for me. I used to wish for pocket Aces when I first started playing, now I'd rather not have to play them at all lol

I agree with you that AA isn't the kind of money-maker that small sets are. I'd much rather have my stealth set to the Axx board than AA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom