25NL Zone: Set of 6's - do you make this river call? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
25NL Zone. 6-max fast fold, no HUDs, no reads
CO RFI 2.5BB, BN calls, Hero calls thinking with 3 players already in the pot it is less likely BB will squeeze, BB calls.

1642345114355.png

Flop checks around.

1642345216850.png

Turn brings in the flush and it checks around again.

1642345335510.png

River seems fairly inconsequential and her bets 1/3 pot. Folds to BN who raises 4x to 12BB.
77 got there, 89 got there. He could have X turn with the flush to make exactly this play. Stinks but I find a fold here with a set.
Anyone make this call?
I'll D/L his hole cards later this evening.

1642345269202.png

I can say with about 95% confidence that they aren't raising worse for value. Generally in multiway pots, people almost always have exactly what they are repping when they raise post turn. I've made calls like this. I'm usually wrong when I do.

Last edited:
If you had bet the flop and/or turn instead of checking, what do you think the likelihood of 77 sticking around would be? I think you let him get there cheaply, and then bet into him when he finally had the goods...

If you had bet the flop and/or turn instead of checking, what do you think the likelihood of 77 sticking around would be? I think you let him get there cheaply, and then bet into him when he finally had the goods...
Leading flop into 3 others makes ZERO sense.

Leading turn has some merit, but again, with 3 others you are just inviting some disaster when you get raised as any raise for value is likely beating a set of 6s. You should play pretty defensively OOP multiway. Check calling turn seems fairly standard as there are plenty of worse hands that will bet including some bluffs like naked Ac.

Good fold, for sure. Personally, I'm betting that turn, even OOP.

Not sure 77 with a club folds to a turn bet here.
I would also say that X around on flop doesnt necessarily mean that noone had FDs here either.
BB & CO X flop to defer to the preflop raiser so both could have a FD.
BN X closing the action; may prefer to take a free card with a FD versus betting into 3 players.

Last edited:
Not sure 77 with a club folds to a turn bet here.
That's why I probably would have bet: to charge them to draw to that club on the river / try and get a street of value with the set when you're ahead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom