25NL Zone: Rate my line with JJ (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
I just had an epic session. Played for an hour, just under 300 hands and only lost >$1 on 7 hands. I ended up 2 BI.
It was like magic. All my semi-bluffs and thin value got through. Wow.
There was one hand that cost me $11 so I'd be interested in feedback on how I played the hand.

1641950839440.png

HJ limps, LJ min-raises and Hero looks down at JJ. I 3! to 8BB or 3x+1.

1641950981058.png

Folds to LJ who cold 4! to 18BB. HJ folds. Now this is a trap, but I have JJ and am in IP and am super deep so WTF I call.
Probably should have folded here given this is usually very strong (often AA).
Do you fold JJ here?

1641951068732.png

Flop puts out 2 Aces. Well, less likely that V has Ax or AA now.
He bets tiny which looks weak so I decide to raise and see if I can take it down.
V calls. Not good. Trap + call flop raise = strong.

1641951169823.png

Blank turn goes X/X. Maybe I should have fired again here to put him all in but he's showing too much strength on prior streets.

1641951288673.png

River pairs the board and V bets super small, like 1/9th pot. Oh man I want to jam but cant.
Is it possible I could have SDV here. His bet is sooo small I probably need to call here some % of the time in case he has TT and was spewing pre.

1641951362983.png

Out-pipped! Drat.
Thoughts? Just fold pre?

1641951482113.png

Last edited:
Wow Snowie wants to just flat the limp and min-raise pre??
Seems like you'd be going at least 3 ways to the flop or risking getting ISOed by BN or the blinds.
I cant see calling here. Anyone else?

1641951728129.png

As played tho Snowie does jam turn 4% when X to. Just didnt have the stones bet here!
Plus I'm trying to ratchet back on the spew! Seemed spewy at the time.

1641951990438.png

but I have JJ and am in IP and am super deep so WTF I call.
Effective stacks aren’t deep though, 56bbs. Pretty annoying spot, I’d probably fold but could see jaming some percentage of the time
He bets tiny which looks weak so I decide to raise and see if I can take it down.
Don’t think that’s a good reason to raise. Generally, we want to raise either as a bluff to get better hands to fold (not seeing this happening here) or for value to get worse hands to call. I suppose this could be a weirdly played smaller pocket pair but it feels kinda thin to raise hoping to get called by those.

Sometimes there’s merit to raising to get worse hands that have decent equity to fold. Something like KQ in this hand, but that holding doesn’t seem likely given pre-flop.

No way I fold to that shitty play. I think you played it fine....I probably check/call down to showdown here. When you get away from fast fold, you would be surprised what people show up with here.

Pre I think it's a mix between Fold/Shove. I assume no notes on villain correct? If we were full ring 9-handed, I'm fine with a fold. 6Max, it's a tough spot for sure. With this exact stack depth I probably lean towards a shove just because I prefer aggression over passive play without any other indicators. I don't want to lose my chance to flip with AK/AQs type of hands. Again, 6-handed, the odds of being against a bigger overpair are significantly reduced and if it happens, it's a cooler, we move on to the next. Calling definitely feels like the worst of the three options, just because it leaves us with a stack to pot ratio (SPR) of roughly 1-to-1.

As @Eriks already pointed out, the turn play was the 2nd mistake, and one that is much more avoidable imo. We move from a "this might very well be AA" to a "his flop bet looks weak so let's raise" rationale, which I'm not a fan of. If we smooth pre, we are just trying to get to showdown on a board like this. Flat the flop bet, and reasses the turn. Raising the turn does nothing for us and is a major leak in the long term. Remember that your flop smooth call will look just as strong (if not stronger!) given the board + stack sizes. You should have AK/AQ in your 3b/call range here! When you mention that snowie wants us to shove turn 4% of the time, that's such a small %, I consider that a pretty terrible option. I'm a bit surprised Snowie doesn't have any jams pre-flop given stack sizes tbh.

Appreciate the feedback - this was anonymous fast-fold so no insight into V.
I should have folded - 95%+ of the time that they limp 4! we're in trouble ... I think I raised flop and X turn.

Appreciate the feedback - this was anonymous fast-fold so no insight into V.
I should have folded - 95%+ of the time that they limp 4! we're in trouble ... I think I raised flop and X turn.
Yup flop raise I meant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom