25NL Zone @ Ignition: Do you call this Flop raise? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Folds to BN who limps, SB limps, hero limps :ad::th:. Not a hand I want to raise as if called I'm OOP possibly multi-way.

1617580756011.png

Flop is pretty good for Hero. SB leads for pot.

1617580803128.png

Hero thinks that AA, TT, QQ, AQ, KJ are all out of everyone's range as limpers and maybe calling will be the most profitable choice if the spade draw doesnt complete. Lets get more money in without scaring these guys off with nothing - maybe they can improve.
BN decides to kick it up to about 2x pot. SB folds. Hero?

1617581078821.png

Attachments

• 1617580941673.png
    1617580941673.png
    217 KB · Views: 67
  • 1617581051665.png
    1617581051665.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
If Hero calls it is not a "being careful" call, but a "let's not scare off the fish" sort of play.

However, I think a raise is a better line. I worry villain is about to execute a "free card play on the turn. If he is on a draw with two spades or J9 rather than some unexpected big hand. Let's go for stacks here, and the best way to get that outcome is charge the draws on the flop and turn.

I have a hard time crediting the Button with KJ - that seems like a fine hand to be stealing the blinds. Same with all the sets. People do strange things - trying to be sneaky but often giving up value. Thing is, if Hero is about to run into a monster, he was getting stacked anyway because AT seems like a reasonable defending hand.

The hand that are leading now are AQ TT QQ AA you having AT block many of the combo too.

There many good card for hand ranging from 89 to AK or 2 Spade that will also raise 3x to semi buff too.

Hero are prob leading most of the time in this case and I will re raise about $15 in this case, if you are beat you are beat because you don’t win every time in poker by doing the right move but you will be positive Long term by playing good poker

To 2 limps, I am raising pre. 5X. Button is calling, he wants to see a flop. If he happens to re-raise, we are in bad shape and have to fold. That's ok though, we see what he did, limp with premium looking to get stacks in against a hand just like ours.

The problem with seeing a flop un-raised, is we have no range definition with a pretty good hand....they could have any 2. How do you decide what to do on the flop now?

Safe option: fold. You are playing passively and put a target on yourself.
High variance: call (assuming SB folds) and let Button play the aggressor and stack off with Ax. We do have 2 pair here. If SB calls, he surely has some kind of straight draw. Then we should just get it in now.

Hero agrees with everything above - apart from AA slowplayed, Hero should be way ahead of V's limping range.
This bet looks spewy so Hero jams. V calls and does improve to 2 pair but its not enough.
Pretty optimistic for V to be raising & calling a jam here with second pair medium kicker with a backdoor FD IMHO.

Post.JPG

Just put this in the solver with an estimated BN limping range. Not ideal as it doesnt capture the SB and his raise, but looks like BN shouldnt be raising at all here with this range. Really just flatting with cards that connected with the board - made hands and draws. Honestly I wouldnt usually include :qd::9d: in a BN limping range as that is a clear open for me on BN. I'd open down to the suited broadway/7 combos (e.g. K7s+, Q7s+, J7s+).

1617633717565.png

I’d raise pre but as played I like it. Hard to see villain limp with any of the hands that beat us.

I’m not expert, and I know absolutely nothing about zone - but I’m never flatting there. A raise to $1.25 or even $1.50 will take down the pot a good percentage of the time, and the hand is very playable if called. You’ll have range advantage on all kinds of boards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom