25NL Zone: 3 bet pot with TT, do you call this river jam? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
25NL Zone on Ignition. 6-max fast fold, no HUDs, no reads.

Folds to Hero in CO who opens to $0.85 (standard from CO/BN) with TT. BN 3bets to 3.5x. Hero calls.

1618612489855.png

Flop is low and connected. Hero checks and V bets about 1/2 pot. Hero calls with an overpair. Thinking any AK, AQ, AJ, AXs has missed.
Gotta call once and evaluate turn. If he X turn I think I'm ahead. Only worried about AA, KK, QQ, JJ and maybe 88 but not 66, 55.

1618612709439.png

Turn goes X/X. Hero's plan is to lead brick rivers. Not putting V on a draw (straight or flush) or a made hand here.
Or frankly an overpair like AA, KK, QQ, JJ that IMHO would keep firing as I didnt 4 bet, capping my range.

1618612778325.png

I think it is unlikely V holds an 8. Hero fires 1/4 pot as a block bet.

1618612858791.png

V jams. Only worried about an 8 but 88 would still be betting and that leaves A8ss & A8cc that would get here.
That's 2 combos vs lots of bluffs. Hero?

1618612950673.png

Attachments

• 1618612602233.png
    1618612602233.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 84
Odds seem too good to fold. 25.50ish in the pot and 7.4 to call? I think I’m usually losing but call.

My gut is saying you're up against AK, but I would have definitely fired big on that relatively safe turn to potentially avoid this river situation.

Just a friendly Friday night 10NL game with a bunch of tight regs from Russia, Serbia, Ukraine & Columbia.
Scary that I'm the second loosest guy at the table with a 25/21 VPIP!! Ignition Zone is so much more fun that this SH1T!!
Playing for over an hour and only 120 hands!!

1618619475821.png

Last edited:
This just happened. I was an innocent bystander. They didnt get it all in until the river and only ran it once.
AA jammed river IP! 4 bet pot preflop.

1618619895881.png

Just played 6max 10NL for 90 minutes 156 hands down $0.44 what a PITA. Nitfest.
Zone is waaay more fun. 90 minutes on zone is like 400+ hands and up or down $40+ MOAR GAMBOL!!
Here is the outcome of the hand above - never seeing play this loose on ACR IMHO!
GL at the tables all!

With the ratio of bluffs to winning hands that V plays like this and the odds being laid this is a snap call for Hero who SCOOPS!
Of course the other half of the time I'm wrong ;) But its fun as hell!

1618620828126.png

25NL Zone on Ignition. 6-max fast fold, no HUDs, no reads.

Folds to Hero in CO who opens to $0.85 (standard from CO/BN) with TT. BN 3bets to 3.5x. Hero calls.

View attachment 679138

Flop is low and connected. Hero checks and V bets about 1/2 pot. Hero calls with an overpair. Thinking any AK, AQ, AJ, AXs has missed.
Gotta call once and evaluate turn. If he X turn I think I'm ahead. Only worried about AA, KK, QQ, JJ and maybe 88 but not 66, 55.

View attachment 679142

Turn goes X/X. Hero's plan is to lead brick rivers. Not putting V on a draw (straight or flush) or a made hand here.
Or frankly an overpair like AA, KK, QQ, JJ that IMHO would keep firing as I didnt 4 bet, capping my range.

View attachment 679143

I think it is unlikely V holds an 8. Hero fires 1/4 pot as a block bet.

View attachment 679144

V jams. Only worried about an 8 but 88 would still be betting and that leaves A8ss & A8cc that would get here.
That's 2 combos vs lots of bluffs. Hero?

View attachment 679145
Do not block bet the river. Just check/call. Let him bluff with 2 overcards or a busted flush draw (or the hand he was actually holding). He's folding those most of the time vs your bet and you don't get into this situation. You don't have to play for stacks here.

I think I would 4bet/get it in pre vs the shortstack in these positions. As played, I’m with @OfficerLovejoy don’t blockbet, check/call is better. Once you blockbet I shrug call his shove though. His hand looks weird and you get a good price

Fold, for God's sake. :)

+1

Fold. One of the most misplayed hands are an overpair.

+1

Overpairs in my opinion can really cloud judgement on boards like this leading to over analysis of villain’s holdings. Far too many options including one that may very well be what you’re facing, JJ and up. I’m folding here. If it’s the best hand and he represented higher pocket pair or board well, touché...next.

if you block bet and get raised, you fold. after all, that's why you blocked bet, no? his river raise indicates he doesn't have bigger pocket pair. if you don't like that line, you have the choice to check river and hope he bluffs missed diamonds or missed straight draws. the back check on the turn rules out 99, Ad5d.

to me, it seems better to check and hope he bluffs his missed draws. when you block bet, he might fold the draws since he doesn't have enough money now to bluff you. if you check, he has a reasonable amount to bluff with.

in summary, river block bet is discouraging hands you want to play against. in most scenarios, you'd be check calling river because of the added value that he bluffs with some draws on the river.

Think this has to be a call.
The diamond draw and a bunch of straight draws missed, assuming villain balances their 3-betting range with suited connectors. All combinations of overcards missed. We’re getting the odds to win only about 25% of the time, if we think villain bluffs at least 25% of the time here we have to call. We’re not terribly happy about it, because our hand is basically a bluff catcher, but we don’t have a diamond which is good as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom