$.25/50 Cash Game Question (1 Viewer)

kmccormick100

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Would you guys hate playing with both $.25 and $.50 chips in a $.25/50 usually NLHE cash game? I just snagged half a rack of Freddie's hot stamped quarters and there's half a rack of $.50s on eBay I may grab, or should I hold out and try to fill the rack?

Chips in question
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hochunk in Wisconsin Dells plays 1/2 NL with $1, $2 and $5 chips. It just always feels like the $2 chips are in the way. It has never made sense to me.

Hochunk in Wisconsin Dells plays 1/2 NL with $1, $2 and $5 chips. It just always feels like the $2 chips are in the way. It has never made sense to me.

OMG this. I cringe on the inside each time I win and hand and they give me a bunch of ugly $2 chips, lol... (or make change for a $5 chip used to post blinds).

Welp, that seems pretty conclusive. I think we can stretch 50 quarters over 5-8 players until I can fill out a rack, since I've got two racks of $1s and a rack of $5s for most of the action.

grab the fiddys to add to your set anyway....when your looking for them you cant find em, so grab em while you can

I would be equally fine with just quarters, just fifty cent chips, or with both.

I used both several years ago and a few of the whiny ass bitch players complained about it non stop.

I would just use one of them. I never see a use for 50c chips really. The same with 2$ chips. In a 25/25 or 25/50 game i would just use quarters. If you ever decide to up the game to .50/1, then you should probably just make it 1/1 instead, and not use fracs at all. The 50c chip in a .50/1 game is only used for posting the SB, so it seems silly to invest a lot of money in them. Unless if you rake from the pots I guess, then maybe you would need them.

I guess if you get a super good deal on them you should go for it, but if it was my game I would prefer to get some more quarters or 1s instead!

Ended up snagging both, paid a little more for the fiddies than I wanted, but they'll be nice in the collection for a $.50/1 option, or to trade for half a rack of the quarters haha.

Please don't use both. Lol. Tilts me so bad
That would be in my favor, no? Haha

Ended up snagging both,
Way to be!

The pink paulsons are just too pretty not to pick up. I can't resist neon colors, I remember the first time seeing neon chips on TV and being shocked chips in that color even existed.

Using 25 and 50 cent or $1 and $2 chips simultaneously might have more merit in dealers choice games or stud and such. I can see how they're redundant in NLHE but if someone honestly complained about having neon pink paulsons on the table, they should have their fat baby tummies slapped until they cried in pain.

I plAyed in a 1/2 game that used 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 chips. Not enough of any of them so they were all always in play. Plus they were non-standard colors. Worst game ever from a chip management perspective.

I just have $1, $2, $5 and $25 with non-standard colors...noting wrong with non-standard colors IMO...that's why they're custom and offered in so many colors.

As long as the denoms are clearly labeled, I don't see it being an issue.

I thought about doing a $100 but don't wanna add a 5th chip.

If the $2 chip ends up being a pain in the a$$ I'll just kill it and reload with some more $1s.

Using 7 denominations is just unnecessary and makes counting the pot harder. I'm a fan of non-standard colors, but it just adds to the difficulty in a quick pot count when there are 7 denoms in play.

I used to play with .25 and .50, this was not bad at all, I would use both until you could get ALL Quarters..,

I was wondering who snagged those, I was looking at them telling myself I DONT NEED THESE.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom