2022 World Jr. Hockey Championship (1 Viewer)

Who's Winning this year?

• Canada

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Finland

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Germany

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Czech Republic

• Austria

• United States

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Russia

• Sweden

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Slovakia

• Switzerland

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timinater

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Was talking a little bit about this with @Mr Winberg. Let's get this going. Mark the poll (closes Dec 24) with your winner pick.

Listen, I like my family, but let's be real here. This is the reason for the season. Who's going to be watching this holiday season?

Group AGroup B
CanadaUSA
FinlandRussia
GermanySweden
Czech RepublicSlovakia
AustriaSwitzerland

Some games I've got circled on the Calendar:
  • 26 Dec - Russia vs Sweden - How about this heavyweight tilt right on Day 1. Can't wait for puck drop on this one.
  • 26 Dec - Canada vs Czech Republic - Canada likes to start slow, and Czech Republic will be hungry to stand tall against the Canadians.
  • 29 Dec - Finland vs Czech Republic - The Finn's are usually strong, and the Czech's can surprise you with how tough they can be.
  • 29 Dec - Sweden vs USA - Should be another great game between two strong teams
  • 31 Dec - Finland vs Canada - Likely Canada's first test after likely beating up on Austria and Germany.
  • 31 Dec - USA vs Russia - The evil empires battle!
  • 2 Jan - Quarterfinals
  • 4 Jan - Semifinals
  • 5 Jan - Bronze Medal, Gold Medal game.

Don't forget about the lower tiers! We've got Kazakhstan, Latvia, Belarus, Norway, Denmark and Hungary all vying for promotion into the big boy tournament. That starts December 12.

Last edited:
I've got the pleasure of being able to watch Connor Bedard in person for Jr Hockey prices, so I'm really hoping he can make the team at 16.

I’ll be able to watch some of the games, but the time difference for others is brutal (final starts at 3 AM :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:).

Since 2013 only 3 countries have won gold. Do Sweden or Russia come up and make it 4 or do Finland, Canada, or the USA keep the strangle hold on this tournament.

Some players to watch:

2021 1st overall pick Owen Power a Canadian playing at the University of Michigan. Guy is a rock at 6'6 in a mold of Shea Weber.

Probable 2022 1st overall pick Shane Wright who's struggled a bit this season but is more than capable of dominating this tournament.

I'm hoping for a great showing out of Luke Evangelista. Preds pick from last year is sitting at 20 goals, 20 assists in 21 games for London so far this season.

Yaroslav Askarov from team Russia was the Preds first round pick in 2020. This is his last shot at gold, finishing with a silver in 2020, and a heartbreaking bronze medal loss last year.

No more Spencer Knight for the US opens up a big hole in net, but the rest of the roster contains 7 former 1st round picks so we can all assume that anything less than Silver is a major disappointment for team USA this year.

Love this tournaments, a lot exciting than the sr!

Voted Sweden, but I don't really believe it. With 2 gold and 11 (!) silvers over the years we haven't really been at our best when it counts.

Bedard and Michkov are special 2023 draft eligible players. Hopefully we see both!

First game of the tourney is between FIN and GER, let’s gooo! :cool

FC87CD73-3C52-4EC7-B277-F10E799439AC.jpeg
:cool

So many cancellations, not looking great for the tournament… :(

Damn why didn’t I list COVID as a potential tourney winner.

This is pretty disappointing news that the tournament has been cancelled. Not sure it was really warranted, but when three games have been forfeited according to their own rules it’s hard to argue the tournament is legitimate anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom