2022 Tour de France starting in 30 minutes! (1 Viewer)

Rbonus012

Full House
Reaction score
The 2022 Tour de France starts here in about 30 minutes! I am super excited as I watch it every year and am a big cyclist. I'm sure there are others on here that follow along. I am a team EF fan so I will be rooting for them all the way. Stage One will be covered by USA Today channel is anyone is interested. They will cover every day iirc.

1656680411393.png

Aw, I miss the days of Armstrong (and lemond before him.)
I was taking a walk on a hot day this week. Came to this steep hill at the same time some woman did. I turned it on and dropped her on that hill - at the peak I looked back over my shoulder, down at her like she was Jan Ullrich. Her and her baby stroller were only halfway up that hill. Boom!

FF305ECE-19FE-42E4-871F-D0FC653911EB.jpeg

I don’t know how they do it. I have done a 300km cycling race (186 mi) as part of something called ”the Swedish classics”. 4 different competitions in different sports; the aforementioned cycling, 3km swiming (cold, partly upstream), 30 km cross-country running and 90 km cross country skiing. Each competition is held once a year and they have to be completed consecutively to count towards the classic.

Anyway, the other disciplines were nothing compared to the cycling. My god! I sold the fucking thing (the bike) the week after :). Actual footage of me after the race:

ED694147-14E6-4B02-A5BB-029ED11A46D6.jpeg

Cyclists must be some hard mfers, myself I won’t do it again.

My daughter was born right before the tour started 10 years back and I was doing the early morning child care stuff so I'd wake up early, put on the tour and feed/care for my newborn. Been watching it every year since.

It’ll be interesting to see if anyone outside of maybe Roglic has the gas to really push Pogacar. Someone always surprises with their form once it starts going uphill.

Nah, the real Tour starts tomorrow. Time trials suck. :cool
Belgium NR 1 ;)

But I agree..today will be a windy edition with maybe a few surprises

1656760674448.png

No surprises for the end victory imho...Pogacar all the way

I don’t know how they do it. I have done a 300km cycling race (186 mi) as part of something called ”the Swedish classics”. 4 different competitions in different sports; the aforementioned cycling, 3km swiming (cold, partly upstream), 30 km cross-country running and 90 km cross country skiing. Each competition is held once a year and they have to be completed consecutively to count towards the classic.

Anyway, the other disciplines were nothing compared to the cycling. My god! I sold the fucking thing (the bike) the week after :). Actual footage of me after the race:

View attachment 941752

Cyclists must be some hard mfers, myself I won’t do it again.
4 words...

Training & quality chamois padding
Congrats with the SC

Belgium NR 1 ;)

But I agree..today will be a windy edition with maybe a few surprises

View attachment 942072
No surprises for the end victory imho...Pogacar all the way

4 words...

Training & quality chamois padding
Congrats with the SC
Guess I could’ve spent more on the padding :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Do folks in the US watch the USA coverage? I've got peacock and I can see the international feed, but I've spent the last decade listening to the american commentators and so I suffer through the commercials.

Do folks in the US watch the USA coverage? I've got peacock and I can see the international feed, but I've spent the last decade listening to the american commentators and so I suffer through the commercials.
Not sure if it's available in the U.S., but a subscription to GCN+ is the best $50/year a cycling fan can spend. Great coverage and commentary of literally every cycling race you can think of, plus some great docu-film content.

We had the Tour de Suisse head through here the other week. Love having the chance to catch the Pros live.
AEF95D8F-0FB1-470B-B8DD-3F462ED7325E.jpeg

The Tour de France will be passing through Switzerland next weekend as it happens. Will make the trip down to Lausanne with a couple of mates - we’ll get a good ride in and then catch the race along the route somewhere. Can’t wait!

Not sure if it's available in the U.S., but a subscription to GCN+ is the best $50/year a cycling fan can spend. Great coverage and commentary of literally every cycling race you can think of, plus some great docu-film content.
I'll admit this might be a bit odd, but I have ZERO interest in cycling outside of the tour de france. I don't even own a bicycle. :p

Watching the coverage of stage 2 I was convinced someone was going over the rail on that bridge and into the water.

I used to use the pay subscription to avoid the commercials so I got used to the different commentators. It took a bit not listening to Phil and Paul, but for me the commercials ruined it. I also use the peacock international feed now. Can’t go back to commercials!

They have good Vuelta coverage too, the only tour we miss is the Giro.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom