2021 Jammin' in Jersey - The Barrel House Battle Royale

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt I am not on that level but can also deal most of those games as well. I know they are cheap but also have the FOC chips available for a micro (learning table)

$20 buy in
20210309_161643.jpg

Also have a set up for $.10/$.20 of FOCs
$40 buy in
20200830_202140.jpg

Also this one for $40 buy in
20210418_110303.jpg

Don't have enough $1s but also the "ugly duckling" set! Lmao
20200809_130434.jpg

That way you don't have to use the device factor, But I know you prefer customs over these guys.

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt I am not on that level but can also deal most of those games as well.

Thanks Ben, I'll likely take you up on that. :tup: I have a soft spot for the Fan of Cards chips, I had that design on my first "real" set of chips 20 years ago (yes the plastic slugged ones). I looked at a few racks of either the Paulson or BCC versions a while back, but there was this dude down in Maryland gobbling them up, I didn't want to compete ;) :D

I will be sending out a PM next week to everyone coming with a quick survey on food & beverage (and maybe music) preferences, I'll include a few questions about the stakes and types of games people plan on playing (or would like to try). @Ben8257 once I get a better feel for the games on Friday we can chat and see what set will work best.

72o

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also @72o we can run the Friday cash night a few different ways, depending on what folks would like to play. I had planned on starting Friday up as dealer's choice limit games as an intro into the circus games. We can also (or instead of) have a micro-stakes circus "learning" table for NL/PL/Stud mixed games where $10/$20 cash gets you $100/$200 in chips. This has been offered at a few past meetups I've attended (usually Forrest runs them) and they seem to go over big with those who are not used to holding more than 2 cards a time :) I'm nowhere near as experienced or proficient as Forrest but I'd be more than willing to run and deal a table like this on Friday.
Well there was this one SOHE tourney that I might have binked a few years ago so I think that qualifies me to teach too. LOL

Honestly I’m up for whatever. Don’t “micro” the stakes for me. I plan on losing a bunch and I’m ok with it...learning curve!

Phish1321

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt I am not on that level but can also deal most of those games as well. I know they are cheap but also have the FOC chips available for a micro (learning table)

$20 buy in
View attachment 693402
Also have a set up for $.10/$.20 of FOCs
$40 buy in
View attachment 693403
Also this one for $40 buy in
View attachment 693405
Don't have enough $1s but also the "ugly duckling" set! Lmao
View attachment 693406
That way you don't have to use the device factor, But I know you prefer customs over these guys.
Is it safe to assume your entire back seat will be filled with chips for the trip up, lol?

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated before Matt, Brie and I are happy to bring whatever brother. Even if just for show-n-tell or to get on the felt doesn't really matter.

Also for the record Al... I am always down for some micro pot limit circus fun! Pretty much just means cheap flops and then it gets juicy. I have found that $.10/$.20 is closer to $.25/$.50 because usually the majority of the players want to see the flop because in those damn games it's hard to know what you really have... always some potential. Even say 6 players to the flop is a $1.20 pot, then it starts building quick. We usually do 200 BB max to start and half of the Large stack on rebuys.even with a $40 buy in it can escalate pretty quickly. Playing $.05/$.10 Pot limit can be dreadfully slow.

Down for whatever but my choice would be $40 buy in $.10/$.20 and half of the Large stack Rebuys max, but if Matt says $20 max that is cool also its YOUR game bro!

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume your entire back seat will be filled with chips for the trip up, lol?
Damn... thought I still had a pic from the Ohie meet up last year, whole back seat was poker chips and brought a hand truck! Took 2 fully loaded hand carts to move the chips! @toynoob remembers I'm sure! Lol

Well I do have this that Brie snapped when we got the Chips set up on display
20201009_135804.jpg

All except the 3 cases of Main Event chips because this pic was taken the first day. Left those in the truck! Lol

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect this to be Ben on Saturday morning.View attachment 705065
Nuff said brother!! I am actually pretty resonable when playing cards but you never know. Depends on inspiration from others. Looking forward to a couple pours with my good buddy Biran @Klobberer ... his taste in whiskey are well in advance of mine but always good times. Ohh and he is a Pilsner fan also, other than Land Shark my go to is always a good Pilsner. You guys can keep those Heavy IPAs, but I am down for trying anything, just know if its hoppy I will be having one! Lol

Looking forward to this one guys, Brie and I have made a ton of amazing friends in the NE. Happy to finally get to meet you guys! Hopefully as long as we Survive the meet up in VA this week! 3 meet ups in 4 weeks ouch for bad poker players! Lol

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PM with final details was sent this afternoon. If I missed anyone please let me know. Still a few spots available for anyone still on the fence.....

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Fireball and Crown Peach for shots!
I didn't mean shots, but EC is good enough for a pour for me! We had some Rabbit Hole a few weeks back playing with @DarkHelmet55 and crew
20210417_220616.jpg

We damn near killed all 3 that night! Rabbit Hole was delicious BTW... almost bought a bottle myself this evening but lots of poker coming up, will stick with EC.

Top Bottom