2021 Jammin' in Jersey - The Barrel House Battle Royale

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little celebratory cigar and bourbon after a big submission at work....

20210504_192543.jpg

....along with some meetup prep - cream ale with home grown hops:

20210504_195903.jpg

20210504_195917.jpg

And for those anti-home brew folks, not to worry we'll have another non - @Irish craft brew on tap as well. :D

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score

joseywales

Straight
Reaction score
So, let's review:

- @Irish agrees to build my new tabletop
- I visit irish's house, to drop off materials and am exposed to his very nice room and poker accoutrement
- irish accepts my deposit, then graciously invites me back for this poker event (my first PCF event)
- my wife decides June 12th is the prefect date for our teen's graduation party

Seems about right

If Jack Daniel's hadn't taught us better, I'd be kicking something right now...

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems about right
I hear you bud, I know its a very busy time of the year, its unfortunately what works for the family..... for now. You can always come up for a few hours on Friday though, to "prep" for a day with the fam on Saturday. Just saying..... ;)

Damn it. Screw the family lake trip. My wife can handle that while I fly up for some homebrew and degen.......right?
I would say all the beer for the weekend is on me, but I know better. :wtf::LOL: :laugh:

72o

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn it. Screw the family lake trip. My wife can handle that while I fly up for some homebrew and degen.......right?
I’m sure you put in “overtime” with the family over the past year right? This would be for your own sanity man.

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure you put in “overtime” with the family over the past year right? This would be for your own sanity man.
My wife would like me to remind you that we have 4 teenagers and are renting 2 jet skis. She said "my sanity" for a year with no sexy time. Sorry guys, can't argue with that logic.

In other news.....I'm hosting a meetup in Aug that I will gladly seat you and @Irish at......

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife would like me to remind you that we have 4 teenagers and are renting 2 jet skis. She said "my sanity" for a year with no sexy time. Sorry guys, can't argue with that logic.

In other news.....I'm hosting a meetup in Aug that I will gladly seat you and @Irish at......
Hard to argue with that :LOL: :laugh:. I'll check flights to Dallas tomorrow.

Lil Tuna

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All my best on an awesome meet up Matt and to everyone planning to attend. Man I wish there was a way I could attend this event. I will be sure to follow up on what’s happening as it gets going.

PlayerADK

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't look at flights from EWR......

lol, yeah Newark is usually a bit more, but heading out of Philly would add another 4 hours of travel roundtrip and then parking fees. Looks like $500ish from EWR, let me chew on this a bit and see how the next few weeks go, if there's still room I'll try to make the trip.

Blaster

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sounds great, I'm looking forward to meeting fellow Members / Zombies / MeatHeads :D.
I've been conversing with many members for decades now (wow :eek: ) , between here, and earlier on the HomePokerTourney Forums & ChpTlk , but have never made it to a meet-up.
This one should be an easy 45 min drive south ....

72o

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there going to be any of @abby99 ’s mixed game cards all nice and laminated for us newbs who are used to Hold’em only? Or should I maybe get @inca911 or @k9dr on retainer for consultation?

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine are not laminated but I am sure Matt has some nice game cards. I did get into the group buy for the card stock versions being made.

I know @MegaTon44 has books with all of the games printed out on full sheets of paper! I'm sure he would be willing to bring them if we can talk him into making the drive!

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there going to be any of @abby99 ’s mixed game cards all nice and laminated for us newbs who are used to Hold’em only? Or should I maybe get @inca911 or @k9dr on retainer for consultation?
I can bring my set of circus game cards that I just ordered with the recent group buy. I know @Irish got a couple of set ups as well, we should be covered!

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep, I'll have booklets with all the games printed out (4 to a page) and I'll have 2 sets of these geriatric poker flash cards incoming, they should be here prior to the meetup:

1620236909620.png

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also @72o we can run the Friday cash night a few different ways, depending on what folks would like to play. I had planned on starting Friday up as dealer's choice limit games as an intro into the circus games. We can also (or instead of) have a micro-stakes circus "learning" table for NL/PL/Stud mixed games where $10/$20 cash gets you $100/$200 in chips. This has been offered at a few past meetups I've attended (usually Forrest runs them) and they seem to go over big with those who are not used to holding more than 2 cards a time :) I'm nowhere near as experienced or proficient as Forrest but I'd be more than willing to run and deal a table like this on Friday.

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also @72o we can run the Friday cash night a few different ways, depending on what folks would like to play. I had planned on starting Friday up as dealer's choice limit games as an intro into the circus games. We can also (or instead of) have a micro-stakes circus "learning" table for NL/PL/Stud mixed games where $10/$20 cash gets you $100/$200 in chips. This has been offered at a few past meetups I've attended (usually Forrest runs them) and they seem to go over big with those who are not used to holding more than 2 cards a time :) I'm nowhere near as experienced or proficient as Forrest but I'd be more than willing to run and deal a table like this on Friday.
I've got the perfect set that I can bring on Friday for the low stakes mixed table!

Top Bottom