Reaction score
Welcome to Jersey.....

full

full

When: June 11-12, 2021
Where: Iselin NJ
What: Jersey PCF Meetup - The Barrel House Battle Royale

Attendees:

Attendance will be limited to 27 players max each day (this may be further limited due to COVID restrictions). Note that 2 tables will be in my main poker room, if we have a 3rd table, it will be in the adjacent shop. I can fill in spots with locals, but I really don't want to, I'd like this to be a PCF / chipper only event. The event is open to all well-established PCFers / chippers. I won't draw a line in the sand with regards to # of posts or member duration, but this event is for folks active in the chipping community. Approval of the final attendance list will be at my discretion. Please either post in this thread of shoot me a PM if you're interested in attending.

Attendee List:
  1. @Irish
  2. @CantSpellPoker
  3. @Phish1321
  4. @theewpice
  5. @sgago84
  6. @LordEpyon
  7. @JMC9389
  8. @Nuhockey
  9. @72o
  10. @Klobberer
  11. @FordPickup92
  12. @Ben8257
  13. @moechar
  14. @Senzrock
  15. @SixSpeedFury
  16. @juankay20
  17. @TheAlchemist
  18. @PlayerADK
  19. @Blaster
  20. @p5woody
  21. @MegaTon44
  22. @randy2310
  23. Bill (local)
  24. Steve (local)
  25. x
  26. x
  27. x
Interested:

The Important Stuff:
The golden rule applies above all in my house. These meetups are meant to be fun – so please leave any drama at home, there’s no room for it here. Anyone in my house - anyone – deserves full respect, and anyone showing a blatant lack of respect is out, period. My wife and possibly my boys may be in the house at least one of the meetup days, so this goes (even more so) for them as well.

My main card room fits two full size tables, and we can set up a third table in the adjacent workshop, so I can accommodate up to 27 players max. This max will be subject to change, depending on where we’re at with COVID. For cash games, there will be a different chip set in play at each table, and each will have its own separate bank.

full

full

Smoking/vaping of any kind is not allowed inside the house. I have a covered deck out back and will have ashtray / buckets /heaters out for any smokers. Cigars are welcome on the back deck, and if we get enough interest and the weather cooperates, I have a table topper that we can use to have a cigar cash game.

full

Absolutely no 420 or other illegal substances in any form on my property. Same goes for firearms, NJ is about as far from a concealed carry state as you can get. Leave them home please, I've got us covered if the zombies attack.... ;)

COVID-19 NOTES - updated 5/3/21

Given the relative widespread availability of the vaccine at this point, I do not plan on any significant COVID restrictions. Attendance will be limited any given day to 27 people. I also plan on having a table with a PCF topper out on the back deck available – for either some fresh air or cigars. This will be weather dependent – the area is somewhat covered, but if we get heavy rain it won’t be a fun time. Fingers crossed for nice weather!

Both my wife and I are fully vaccinated. I strongly encourage everyone to get vaccinated to protect yourself, but note that a vaccination will not be required to attend. You are also more than welcome to wear a mask if you’d like, but it will not be mandatory. And obviously when game time comes, if you are not feeling well, test positive for COVID or have direct contact with someone with COVID and haven’t been vaccinated, please don’t attend.

Poker!

While I'm all for a little degeneracy, I'd like this to be more of a social event for chippers than a bankroll buster. Cash games will be lower stakes; there will always be a 25¢/50¢, $100 max / half the big stack buy-in NLHE game available.

Limit cash games will be available Friday afternoon (and possibly evening, depending on the crowd). There will 2 limit tables running – both will be $2/$4 stakes, however one table will play with 2X buy-ins (ie $50 buys you $100 in chips) for those new to circus games.

If there is interest from those who'd like to dip their toes into more NL/PL mixed games at lower risks, we’ll have a micro-stakes learning table where $10/$20 cash gets you $100/$200 in chips. All circus games will be based on a fixed selection of @abby99 cards (e.g., Draw2maha, Scrotum8, SOHE, double board Omaha, imPLOcean, Badugi, etc.). Games are dealer's choice for an orbit + 1.

My card room House Rules can be found here (we mostly follow Robert’s Rules of Poker for both cash and tourneys). There will be no fee or rake taken at any time.

Friday – All Cash, All Day (Limit Early, NL/PL Later) – noon to 2am

• Doors open at noon. Snacks/drinks all day, hot dogs will be rolling
    • Table 1: $2 / $4 Limit – dealer’s choice circus game (orbit + 1)
    • Table 2: $2 / $4 Limit LIGHT – dealer’s choice circus game (orbit + 1) with 2X buy-in - $50 buys $100 in chips
    • Table 3: 25¢/50¢ NLHE, $100 max buy-in or half the big stack
  • Dinner – Pizza, will collect $ based on final selection / # of people ($10-$15)
  • After dinner (7pm-ish to 2am)
    • Table 1: 25¢/50¢ NLHE, $100 max buy-in or half the big stack
    • Table 2: 25¢/50¢ NLHE/Pineapple/PLO, $100 max buy-in or half the big stack (rotating HE, HE/Pineapple variants, Omaha high only), based on attendees
    • Table 3: TBD based on attendees. If interest, micro-stakes learning circus table. $10/$20 gets you "$100/$200" in chips.
  • Doors close at 2am
Saturday – The Main Event (and more cash games) – noon to ????
  • Doors open at noon, main event starts at 2pm
  • Lunch – Taylor ham, egg and cheese sandwiches and bagels
  • Pre-tourney cash games - Tables 1 & 2: 25¢/50¢ NLHE, $100 max buy-in or half the big stack
  • Main Event – The Barrel House Battle Royale – T20k NLHE Freezeout Tournament
    • $100 entry - $80 to prize pool, $20 to bounty (no rebuys or add-ons)
    • Blind structure below
    • Initial seating will be randomized in Tournament Director
  • Dinner @ 6pm – Italian buffet - see below for full menu - $20 per person
  • Post-tourney cash games as tables become available
    • Table 1: 25¢/50¢ NLHE, $100 max buy-in or half the big stack
    • Tables 2 & 3: TBD (NLHE/Pineapple/PLO, micro stakes circus, etc.)
  • Doors close whenever I get tired of having all you degens in my house.... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
For anyone new to PCF meetups and curious about what kind of bankroll to bring, this thread is a really good reference. I know I was equally as nervous as I was excited about attending my first meetup with regards to bankroll, this thread was very helpful and made me feel a lot more comfortable prior to making the trip.

Main Event Tourney Structure:

T20k starting stacks, 20 minute blinds, no rebuys / add-ons

Payouts:
Up to 20 players: pays 4 - 50% / 25% / 15% / 10%
20 to 28 players: pays 5 - 42% / 25% / 15% / 10% / 8%
28 to 30 players: pays 6 - 40% / 23% / 13% / 10% / 8% / 6%

Blind Schedule:
click spoiler for blinds schedule:
25 - 50
50 - 100
75 - 150
Break (10 mins)
100 - 200
150 - 300
200 - 400
Break & chip race (10 mins)
300 - 600
400 - 800
600 - 1,200
800 - 1,600
Break, chip race & Dinner (30 mins)
1,000 - 2,000
1,500 - 3,000
2,000 - 4,000
3,000 - 6,000
Break & chip race (10 mins)
4,000 - 8,000
6,000 - 12,000
8,000 - 16,000
10,000 - 20,000
Break (10 mins)
15,000 - 30,000
20,000 - 40,000
30,000 - 60,000
40,000 - 80,000
Break (10 mins)
60,000 - 120,000
80,000 - 160,000
100,000 - 200,000
===========================================================

Chips!

The main event will be played on my Barrel House custom CPC set:

full

full

Other chip sets that will likely be in play:

PNYs:

full

PCAs:

full

Black Sands:

full

....and more! I have enough nice sets to run all the games that will be played all weekend if needed, but I 100% don't want to do that. Guest sets - especially customs - are highly encouraged!

Anticipated Guest Sets:

@72o 's Knollwoods:
1620070149914.png

@JMC9389 's "future's so bright, you better wear shades" 44mm Jack's
full

Food & Drink

I will provide some snacks, hot dogs, soda, water and coffee throughout the meetup. Dinner on Friday will be NYC style pizza, we’ll collect money based on what everyone wants to order ($10). Lunch on Saturday – Jersey Taylor Ham, egg & cheese sandwiches and bagels, are courtesy of the house.

Dinner on Saturday will be catered by a fantastic local Italian restaurant - $20 per person:
  • Baked ziti
  • Chicken parmesan
  • Sausage, peppers & potatoes
  • Meatballs & mozzarella sticks
  • 3' sub (Italian & Turkey)
I will send out a survey to get some feedback on drinks before the meetup. I will have at least one corny keg of home brew as well as a 1/6 barrel of another craft beer on tap. I have a secondary fridge that we can load up with additional beer - I'm hoping someone will sponsor some options. Same goes for any liquor. If you have anything specific you’d like or have any food allergies, please let me know.

@72o has graciously offered to sponsor a corny keg of Allagash White as well as hot dogs & brats for the event - thank you Al!

Schwag & Prizes

Meetup commemorative chip:

full

Main Event Prizes:

full

Barrel House Raffle (Random drawing during the main event on Saturday)
1619735104952.png

Transportation / Parking / Lodging Notes:

My house is 5 minutes off the Garden State Parkway, 10 minutes off the NJ Turnpike, and 10 minutes from the nearest NJ Transit train station (Metropark). I will send out the address to attendees as we get closer to the event via PM.

I live in a suburban area, so on-street parking should be readily available, but I’d encourage folks to carpool if you can, and Uber/Lift drivers are all pretty reliable in the area, and good option if you’re drinking. Those who do park - please respect my neighbors and don’t block any driveways.

As my family will be around during the event, I will not have any spots available in the house for folks to crash. There are a few hotels in the area within 10-15 minutes, I’d recommend one of the following:

APA Hotel Woodbridge
120 S Wood Ave, Iselin, NJ 08830

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodbridge
874 US-1, Avenel, NJ 07001

Delta Hotels by Marriott Woodbridge
515 US Highway 1 South, Iselin, NJ 08830

All of this is of course subject to change due to COVID, and I will update the thread as we get closer to the date. I’m very much looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting new PCFers!! If anyone has any questions, feel free to hit me up with a PM!!!!

Last edited:

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Provided COVID is less of a concern by then, in. Can't wait!

Geremie

Full House
Reaction score
I’m in for this with the only caveat being Covid levels at the time and whether the border is open. Got blocked today trying to get across.

72o

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm very interested! It’s only a 4 hour ride from me...plus those sets are great. Following and will let you know asap.

Edit: Wait...you said NO 420? Out. LOL

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will send out a survey to get some feedback on drinks before the meetup. I will have at least one corny keg of home brew as well as a 1/6 barrel of another craft beer on tap. I have a secondary fridge that we can load up with additional beer - I'm hoping someone will sponsor some options. Same goes for any liquor. If you have anything specific you’d like or have any food allergies, please let me know.
:wow::wow::wow: I'm a maybe.

Marhault

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in. I should be able to take the annual leave, we bid it at the end of this year. Of course this is barring the wife not having a horrible time at the meetup we are going to this next weekend lol.

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edit: Wait...you said NO 420? Out. LOL

hahaha... I'll qualify that statement as no judgement on my part, but I realize that the laws regarding things like cannabis and guns (CCL) can vary state to state, just wanted to point out that both are illegal here in Jersey. I've both been very blessed and have worked very hard for my little slice of the American dream, so I operate fully above water nowadays. And having hosted for 15+ years I know it's better to be crystal clear than to assume..... :LOL: :laugh:

Marhault

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hahaha... I'll qualify that statement as no judgement on my part, but I realize that the laws regarding things like cannabis and guns (CCL) can vary state to state, just wanted to point out that both are illegal here in Jersey. I've both been very blessed and have worked very hard for my little slice of the American dream, so I operate fully above water nowadays. And having hosted for 15+ years I know it's better to be crystal clear than to assume..... :LOL: :laugh:
What if we have a federal CCL :sneaky:

J/K

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Wow. Are these cards about 40 years old?
Just skimming through, and those cards hit me like a freight train. I definitely played with them, I think probably in my childhood, because I can’t put my finger on it, but they’re familiar as hell.
CF46A054-740C-491A-89E6-4F9AA8239FFB.png

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Are these cards about 40 years old?
Just skimming through, and those cards hit me like a freight train. I definitely played with them, I think probably in my childhood, because I can’t put my finger on it, but they’re familiar as hell.
View attachment 556953
Possibly, a colleague at work was clearing out his basement a year or so ago and found them, he gave them to me knowing I'm a fan. I thought they made a cool prop for a set photoshoot :) Based on the copyright they appear to be 40 to 50 years old.

20201020_143744.jpg

20201020_143811.jpg

20201020_143857.jpg

Top Bottom