2021 HOF Stump Thread (1 Viewer)

Irish

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello PCF! The purpose of this thread is to identify custom chip sets, made by PCF members, for nomination into the 2021 PCF Hall of Fame.

For eligibility, a set must have been revealed here on PCF between January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2019. In addition, one "expired" set (ie revealed before 1/1/16) can be put up for a legacy vote each year (i.e., to fix past omissions). So if there's an older set that hasn't gotten consideration before that you feel the committee should consider including, please post about it here!

Any and all members - new or old - are welcome to stump for a set. Pictures and/or links to the original reveal thread are highly encouraged, as some people don't keep tabs on all the sets that have been recently created. Details on the reasons why you think a certain set is worthy of consideration are also welcomed - and "like" or "love" sets that are posted by others if you agree! The HOF committee will take this thread into consideration when determining the list of sets that will be put up for the HOF voting towards the end of the year.

Stump away!!!!

This is an easy one. I nominate you, @Irish and The Barrel House set, revealed on 05/12/2019. A set that includes not only primary but a secondary color set. A unique theme that is personal to the owner and bold colors throughout each chip (#teamblurple). One of my all time favorite sets that encouraged me to make my own CPC tournament set. PS: Not sure if this set has been nominated or not before but whatever FEAST YOUR EYES.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-barrel-house-custom-cpc-hhr-tourney-pron.41944/

2019_05_11_IMG_4361.JPG
2019_05_11_IMG_4413.JPG
2019_05_12_IMG_4513.JPG

May be a daft question, but is there a link to the PCF HOF? Would like to see what's in and what isn't.

This is an easy one. I nominate you, @Irish and The Barrel House set, revealed on 05/12/2019. A set that includes not only primary but a secondary color set. A unique theme that is personal to the owner and bold colors throughout each chip (#teamblurple). One of my all time favorite sets that encouraged me to make my own CPC tournament set. PS: Not sure if this set has been nominated or not before but whatever FEAST YOUR EYES.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-barrel-house-custom-cpc-hhr-tourney-pron.41944/

View attachment 696005View attachment 696006View attachment 696007
+1 and a great classy inlay. One of my favorites as well

Just my 2cents,

The Duys Palace set by @viet rounder is one of my favorite old school customs of all time. The inlays are absolute killers, and the color choices are amazing. I honestly don't know how they aren't already in the hall, because to me having a customs HOF withour the Duys Palace is like a baseball HOF without Lou Gehrig or Ty Cobb. Just doesn't make sense.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/duys-palace.9/

1620749059745.png
1620749068609.png
1620749078080.png
1620749083193.png
1620749097129.png
1620749101505.png
1620749107320.png
1620749139673.png

Just my 2cents,

The Duys Palace set by @viet rounder is one of my favorite old school customs of all time. The inlays are absolute killers, and the color choices are amazing. I honestly don't know how they aren't already in the hall, because to me having a customs HOF withour the Duys Palace is like a baseball HOF without Lou Gehrig or Ty Cobb. Just doesn't make sense.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/duys-palace.9/

View attachment 697276View attachment 697277View attachment 697278View attachment 697279View attachment 697280View attachment 697281View attachment 697282View attachment 697283
Its already in the HOF

1620749656883.png

Thanks for the compliments. I’m patiently waiting for BCC to open one day again so I can finish my tournament set. At the time this cash set was created I was simultaneously working on a Giant Inlay solid tournament set. When BCC announced they were shutting their doors I had to rush to complete the cash set design, gathered every penny I had, and mase sure one set became reality

I would like to Nominate the Nirvana Lounge tournament set from @Chippy McChiperson . Great inlay, color combos, and just fun to use.

View attachment 698097View attachment 698098View attachment 698099
I'd like to second the nomination. This set was in the first batch of E&C molds on CPC, and he knocked it out of the park. The simplicity of the spot patterns really accentuates the mold, like no other IMO, and the inlay is a fantastic tribute to the New China Club set (an all time fave) while still incorporating a unique theme that fits the mold.

As an added bonus, the bounty chip has to be in the running for greatest custom chip of all time...

1620849444994.png

Also, I broke the set in and won the 1st tournament (just a heads up battle between me & Chippy) ever on these chips.
1620849390992.png

I'd like to second the nomination. This set was in the first batch of E&C molds on CPC, and he knocked it out of the park. The simplicity of the spot patterns really accentuates the mold, like no other IMO, and the inlay is a fantastic tribute to the New China Club set (an all time fave) while still incorporating a unique theme that fits the mold.

As an added bonus, the bounty chip has to be in the running for greatest custom chip of all time...

View attachment 698107

Also, I broke the set in and won the 1st tournament (just a heads up battle between me & Chippy) ever on these chips.
View attachment 698106
I also took 1st place in the 1st ever Manheim Massacre meetup with the chips. I think that's the last time I've won a tournament :wtf:

I also took 1st place in the 1st ever Manheim Massacre meetup with the chips. I think that's the last time I've won a tournament :wtf:
That was one of the most fun meetup tourneys I've ever been a part of. I kept getting bluffed off puts with the same crappy hand (I can't remember it, but you got me with it at least once or twice Krafty). Rallied to go on a heater and grab the chip lead at the final table, only to lose a few massive coolers and finish 4th or 5th I think.

That was one of the most fun meetup tourneys I've ever been a part of. I kept getting bluffed off puts with the same crappy hand (I can't remember it, but you got me with it at least once or twice Krafty). Rallied to go on a heater and grab the chip lead at the final table, only to lose a few massive coolers and finish 4th or 5th I think.
52 offsuit

Legacy Set Consideration: King's Club by @Jeff This set is amazing, and the fact there's 4 different versions of each chip is baller!!! The fact it isn't already in the HOF is crazy!

The Kings Club (Tourney)

This is a custom tournament set manufactured in 2012 as a custom set by ASM (Atlantic Standard Molding) on the MD-50 (Diamond Square) mold. Each denomination has chips with four different inlays, with the four different kings (spade, heart, club, diamond). Additionally, the inlays colors were matched with the chip (with the exception of the yellow chip, which was matched with a maroon spot because white against yellow does not have enough contrast), so it appears that the design on the inlay is a white design on the chip itself. The set has 2,000 chips total with a breakdown of 500 $25 chips, 600 $100 chips, 500 $500 Chips, 300 $1,000 chips and 100 $5,000 chips. This set was designed to support a four table (40-person) tournament with a $25,000 starting stack.

1620856772835.png

1620856786280.png

1620856803928.png

1620856811217.png

1620856830034.png

1620856855866.png

That was an awesome event. @Pokerdweebz and @thewhistler were such amazing hosts. I remember making it to the final table and @kirchhausen busting me out. Redeemed myself at Krafty's in 2019 by chopping it (somehow @Irish is always there at the end). I still feel like a douche because I couldn't commit too much during the sessions and missed a lot of good chats with folks. Had a home fail a stucco test just a few weeks before close and had to take non-stop calls to quickly pivot. This led to my wife choosing our current house herself. Worked out in the end - only $150k over budget :rolleyes:

Anyway, I also stump for Chippy's set. Between his and @krafticus' Speak EC set, 2 of the nicest tourney sets I've had the privilege to play with.

I have about 90 T-shirts hanging in my closet, and in every meetup picture, I'm wearing the same damn shirt. I promise to wear something different for the next one.

I'm more concerned about you actually hanging 90 T-shirts in your closet (or any t shirts for that matter) than I am about you wearing the same one to every meetup.

I'm more concerned about you actually hanging 90 T-shirts in your closet (or any t shirts for that matter) than I am about you wearing the same one to every meetup.
Where else would I put them? I don't have enough dresser space, nor do I have any shelving.

How about my
shirtsPNG.PNG
Color Sample golf shirts...??

I'll also throw my hat into the ring then.

Paradise LA finally has new, much higher quality pr0n. Recently received my redesigned 5 cent chips which warranted a new full fledged photo shoot.

Initial pr0n posted: November 2018
($500 was made 2019, redesigned 5c chip was made 2020-2021)

Reveal thread
pr0n thread
ChipDB entry

paradise-detail-all.png

Stump bump.... :wtf:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom