2019 Price increases (1 Viewer)

David Spragg

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
There will be a price increase from 1 Jan 2019. I will be adding details to the website shortly. As in previous years, anyone wanting to pay a deposit by 12/31 for an order not yet finalised can do that and be protected against the price increases for the amount of that deposit.
The increases will be a flat 3c per chip across everything from solids to Level 5, and an increase in the increments above Level 5 of 1c to 26c. There will be no increases to premiums for colors, shaped inlays or hotstamping costs.
The increase at the start of 2018 amounted to an average of 2%, the 2019 increase will average 2.3%, both still below the current level of inflation. Our own costs have been affected as follows:
Increases in the ME state minimum wage of 10% both this year and next. (although our employees are above that level, it has some knock on effect).
Renewal of the factory lease for a further 5 years (our first 5 year period was at a somewhat discounted rate).
Inevitable price rises in some raw materials and energy costs in line with inflation.
So our costs are actually rising by around 5% a year, and the only thing that has kept the price increases down is that we have become marginally more efficient in production as time has gone on. However we can only sustain that if we have sufficient orders on the books at any one time, enabling us to continue to make clay parts well ahead of mold installations.
So your continued orders are very much necessary!

I'll almost certainly be in for one, maybe two add-ons of decent size next year.

Have you got half of Munich playing in your game? :)

Btw, the Horseshoe chips are not quite as far ahead as waiting for final pressing yet

Btw 2, you can't order an add-on for a small crown set until you've actually ordered the set :) :)

Btw, the Horseshoe chips are not quite as far ahead as waiting for final pressing yet

tenor.gif

Later edit...

OK I believe I can say two things here.

1) I strongly believe in the Common Law of Business Balance, and in today's world, it's becoming rarer and rarer to even have both options available.

2) I wouldn't disagree with people claiming I have prepper-ish traits.

Last edited:
My order will be in the next 4 weeks. So I should be good!

tenor.gif

Later edit...

OK I believe I can say two things here.

1) I strongly believe in the Common Law of Business Balance, and in today's world, it's becoming rarer and rarer to even have both options available.

2) I wouldn't disagree with people claiming I have prepper-ish traits.

The 44mm chips have to be finished before H mold can start. They can only be done once the scroll is finished and they take time because of re-tooling etc. even though it's only a limited quantity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom