2019 - No chips for me! (1 Viewer)

I love rubbing _____ with oil!!!! I’ll let you guys fill in the blank lol

Well I have made it a month. There have been a couple close calls, but so far the experience has been liberating. At least I have proved my wife wrong. It has also allowed me to enjoy the chips that I already have more than I would have. One down , eleven to go!

Well I have made it a month. There have been a couple close calls, but so far the experience has been liberating. At least I have proved my wife wrong. It has also allowed me to enjoy the chips that I already have more than I would have. One down , eleven to go!
I might have to let my Palmas cash set go....

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

My wife asked me if I would get a chip for my one month hurdle like in AA. I told her maybe but only if it was free. I’m not falling into her trap.

You need to claim your 1 day chip, then a 5 day chip, and then a 25 day chip. Then you need to lapse and start over again. Do that about 200 times in a row, and in less than 14 years you'll have a playable set out of it. :tup:

I decided on a whim that I’m taking a year off from buying any chips. It’s not that I’m some major player in the market or anything nor is it a financial thing. I have probably 10 decent cash sets and 3 decent tournament sets plus various extra racks laying about. I told my wife about it last night and she gives me til the end of January. That only strengthens my resolve. I have already noticed less time wasted on eBay and Craigslist, with all the competition these days I haven’t found anything exciting there in years anyway. I may sell some stuff but I also want to try and appreciate what I already have. I think I have fallen into a trap of buying chips and then not caring about them because I want to buy more. So anyway nothing earth shattering here but I thought I would share.
Don’t worry brother. I’m buying enough for both of us....and it’s only Feb 1!

I also decided to stick and enjoy with what I have.

I’d however still buy chips to increase my sets. Especially looking for 80-100 chips to consider one of my set done in fact.

so far I haven't bought any chips in February!

B0718C93-E7CC-4AF2-8AF1-7E3A59406D79.jpeg

I did cheat a little and got a Detroit Jack set, but as you know @WedgeRock I didn’t touch or see the chips til yesterday. I was able to justify it in my mind because of me being born in Detroit and living in Detroit area my whole life, and because of chip room initial pricing! So basically I gave @Boother36 money and he just happened to buy Detroit Jack chips with said money, then he asked me if I wanted the chips yesterday. It was all a coincidence!
I did do pretty good other than this one slight transgression. Now I gotta stay away from bourbon at away games, I am already one for one on that front!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom