2018 FIFA World Cup (1 Viewer)

Yes, but its a bummer USA isn't in. I guess I'll be rooting for all the teams that have Liverpool players...Egypt (Mo Salah), Belgium (Simon Mignolet), Croatia (Dejan Lovren), England (Jordan Henderson and Trent Alexander-Arnold), Serbia (Marko Grujic), Senegal (Sadio Mane), and Brazil (Bobby Firmino). Should still be very exciting, and I'm expecting Germany, Spain, Brazil, and France to have the best teams.

Yes, but its a bummer USA isn't in. I guess I'll be rooting for all the teams that have Liverpool players...Egypt (Mo Salah), Belgium (Simon Mignolet), Croatia (Dejan Lovren), England (Jordan Henderson and Trent Alexander-Arnold), Serbia (Marko Grujic), Senegal (Sadio Mane), and Brazil (Bobby Firmino). Should still be very exciting, and I'm expecting Germany, Spain, Brazil, and France to have the best teams.

Never leave Argentina out of a list of best teams Chippy... Never!!!! :p

I like Argentina a lot, I'm a huge fan of Messi. But he has so much pressure on him...that, with Lanzini getting injured and the whole Israeli friendly debacle, I think there are just too many distractions. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see Messi win a World Cup.

I like Argentina a lot, I'm a huge fan of Messi. But he has so much pressure on him...that, with Lanzini getting injured and the whole Israeli friendly debacle, I think there are just too many distractions. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see Messi win a World Cup.

Same here man... I’m a huge Argentina fan... In a way, I wish Brazil played with the same heart that Argentina plays. And their heart is what always pushes them through, even when talent is spotty... I’m pumped!!! It’s a real bummer US shit the bed though...

US shit the bed

giphy.gif

Big fan...Belgium has potential :D

Totally agree. They played great at the Euro and should have played France in the finals, the best two team in the competition imo. Portugal was awful and almost got bounced in the first round. Ronaldo made the difference as always but the team was pretty bad.

Well as an Icelander I can tell you that we are going nuts about it. Everything in the news is about the team and every company is trying to ride the wave with some world cup game.

Let's just hope we draw with Argentina and go up from the brackets

Love the World Cup. USA’s status is a letdown but I get excited for all the excitement and high level play. Still learning the sport but the action is undeniable.

Love the World Cup. USA’s status is a letdown but I get excited for all the excitement and high level play. Still learning the sport but the action is undeniable.
You should try to find a video of the brazil v Germany semi-final game from the last World Cup. It was absolutely crazy and ended 7-1.

I love it and will be watching as much of it as possible. But as an Brit, I am not hopeful...

View attachment 181347

But I'm with @Ellasdaddy, it's doesn't matter. It's the journey and the unexpected wins/losses which make it so exciting.
I don’t know about you, but I’m back in that cycle of initially feeling very realistic about the fact that we will suck, but then as we get closer I get more and more optimistic that this will be the year.

Now I’m just fully excited and confident we will do well. What a fool I am.

At least the squad is young and hungry this time around with no more Rooney and co.

Hey Mikey @Perthmike ...how about a small wager on our team ? :D

28/6 England - Belgium

$20 each...winner takes it down
In case of a tie we ride it out and best end result team counts ?

LMK ;)

Now I’m just fully excited and confident we will do well. What a fool I am.

At least the squad is young and hungry this time around with no more Rooney and co.

It impossible not hope @Perthmike! It was about time we stopped pinning our hopes on Rooney, and we're definitely moving in the right direction. Youth squad is also strong so even if THIS isn't the year, next World Cup will be. I think we'll make its past the group stages with confidence :D

28/6 England - Belgium

LMK ;)
What odds do you want to give me that Iceland will fair better than England ;)

28/6 England - Belgium

LMK ;)
Tell you what I will do though.

I’ll mail you those AS labels (80 individual btw) and if england beat Belgium then you can pay me the shipping cost. If not then I’ll cover the cost.

Probably about $5 hahaha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom