2018 Custom Chip HOF Thread (1 Viewer)

Yes, you are. Why would it be a head scratcher then? Because the committee members don't agree with YOUR opinion?

I respectfully disagree. I am not insinuating impropriety “has” taken place. I AM insinuating that the potential exists with the current process. That’s the head scratcher. I believe there’s a distinction. I apologize if it came across otherwise.

In my brain, it’s no different than the advice we give to new chippers, who come here looking for that one set to do it all, both tourney AND cash... we all explain it’s not a good idea, that it opens up the potential for issues, and even if issues don’t actually happen, the potential (or even perception) could erode confidence in the game.

I really don’t follow the HOF close enough to comment on which set won or didn’t. The real value for me comes in checking out the stump threads, where people post pics of great sets, and people comment about them.

I’m sorry that I have not read the entire thread.

I am this year’s HOF chair. The HOF was not forgotten or omitted this year, quite the opposite. Plenty of work has been done by committee members.

That being said, an update is forthcoming.

I respectfully disagree. I am not insinuating impropriety “has” taken place. I AM insinuating that the potential exists with the current process. That’s the head scratcher. I believe there’s a distinction. I apologize if it came across otherwise.

In my brain, it’s no different than the advice we give to new chippers, who come here looking for that one set to do it all, both tourney AND cash... we all explain it’s not a good idea, that it opens up the potential for issues, and even if issues don’t actually happen, the potential (or even perception) could erode confidence in the game.

I really don’t follow the HOF close enough to comment on which set won or didn’t. The real value for me comes in checking out the stump threads, where people post pics of great sets, and people comment about them.

The truth is, under every possible circumstance, somebody will find fault with the process. It's not a stat driven HoF. It's all about what people like. I find a greater love in chip concepts, but many others think "how boring, a solid hotstamp" (JButler's Clermont Lounge is a perfect example). I personally would never own or want solids, but sometimes they are the perfect representation. It's not about what I like, it's about what I think is great. I strongly dislike Terrell Owens, but he absoultelyy deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

Unfortunately, since the voting goes to the general public, many great sets are simply discarded for the cooler edgespots, and colors people like.

I’m sorry that I have not read the entire thread.

I am this year’s HOF chair. The HOF was not forgotten or omitted this year, quite the opposite. Plenty of work has been done by committee members.

That being said, an update is forthcoming.

Who is on the HOF committee this year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom