2017 SOLAR ECLIPSE Catch All Thread (1 Viewer)

I am not far from the path of totality so will probably drive toward it unless the streets are just parking lots.

I heard some restaurants are closing in Bend and locals are being advised to fill up on gas and groceries before the weekend.

I understand it will be 100% somewhere in Wyoming (a state somewhere north of me I think) but I have no plans for viewing. Maybe it will occur during my break time. Is it today? I have sunglasses in the car....

200.gif

Taking the kids out of school and driving down into the path. We are going to play it by ear and try to get somewhere with cooperative weather. Closest areas are calling for "partly cloudy"...

It's nuts. It's passing right over us. Nobody's talked about anything else all week. :cool:

School officially cancelled Monday as of a few hours ago - apparently it was just going to be too dangerous to give eclipse glasses to 30,000 kids aged 5-18 and HOPE they use them correctly. Who knew? o_O

My house is unfortunately just outside of the totality path - gonna have to go to Grandma's.

It's nuts. It's passing right over us. Nobody's talked about anything else all week. :cool:

School officially cancelled Monday as of a few hours ago - apparently it was just going to be too dangerous to give eclipse glasses to 30,000 kids aged 5-18 and HOPE they use them correctly. Who knew? o_O

My house is unfortunately just outside of the totality path - gonna have to go to Grandma's.

So they send 30,000 kids home knowing 80% of them won't use eclipse glasses correctly - but they can't be held liable for it.

The other 20% of kids won't leave their game consoles to see anything.

I'll be in Ireland, about as far from the path of the eclipse one could go. Y'all will be looking at the sun and I will be explaining that I'm not the only person from Texas who doesn't have a gun, and yes, Trump really is our president. Those are my plans. (y) :thumbsup:

So sad, eclipse meetup opportunity lost.

I had briefly given it some thought, but was anticipating a number of gaming friends coming down (Gen Con wraps up on Sunday in Indianapolis). As of today, I'm still unsure of any visitors (will probably depend on anticipated weather).

The supermarkets have been out of $1.99 eclipse glasses for a couple days now, but I just saw some magnificent bastard selling them for $10 on the side of the road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom