2015 PCF Poker Room Chip Leader Contest and Tourney (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bots are ridiculously easy if anyone wanted to put in the crazy amount of time it would take to get millions from them at 600-1500 a pop. No reason to ever bet until you know you have a strong hand on the river and just shove. There is no rhyme or reason to their play that I've found... board can be AKQJ4 with four diamonds and they'll often call a river shove in to a 20 chip pot with a black 82.

true, but the bots also suck out more than would ever happen in real life. There are some things I've learned about the bots to beat them more easily.

true, but the bots also suck out more than would ever happen in real life. There are some things I've learned about the bots to beat them more easily.
Suck outs? I don't know anything about that since there is really no reason to shove until the entire board is out... they aren't calling more often on the flop than they will on the river. Flop a set? No reason to get any chips in there... if the board runs out putting four to a straight or a flush out there wait for the next hand and try again.

There isn't even ever a reason to try to extract any value on any given hand... the only decision I can ever see making for max +EV is whether or not to shove the river. Sure your two pair will occasionally lose to a bigger two pair or your flush will occasionally lose to a bigger flush but you'll never get sucked out on. Even when you occasionally lose the bot won't be holding your chips very long.

I forgot to add that the chip stacks were reset yesterday (to resolve an issue) so everyone is starting out with the same amount of chips.

That kinda sucks. I was wondering about that. I'd done several tournaments and played a lot, and had a healthy BR, but then it's all POOF?

Oh well...

We are going to expand this contest a bit. In addition to the chip leader prize, the top 10 players will have a seat in a tournament that will be held on Monday 1/11/2016 8:30pm EST.
There will be prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in this tournament.

Dammit, now I have to resist...

odd.... won another bad beat jackpot tonight, sevens full of nines vs sevens full of deuces (against human). Maybe all four hole cards must play to activate? Still wonder what the threshold is, though - had another hand full house vs nut flush that didn't trigger it.

BBJ's are usually Aces full beaten with both hole cards from both players used to make their hands.
With Aces Full the player must usually have at least an Ace in the hole.

yeah, definitely not the case here. we had jacks full beaten by straight flush that didn't qualify earlier, but sevens full over sevens full did.

yeah, definitely not the case here. we had jacks full beaten by straight flush that didn't qualify earlier, but sevens full over sevens full did.

It's probably a "two hole cards" requirement - so some big hands will miss at Holdem, because one or both hands are only using one hole card. At Omaha, both hands always use two hole cards, so you'll never see a bad beat get missed.

Here is what I got from the developer:

Hard to say how often it goes off, the qualifying hand is a full house. So if you get at least a full house with 3's and 2's and someone beats you with a better hand. The hole cards have to be used in the hand.

Bad Beat Scope: Use this setting to specify that this poker theme should have it's own separate bad beat jackpot, or that this theme shares in a linked jackpot with the other themes on the website. You can also disable bad beat jackpots completely by setting to disable.

Current Jackpot: This is the current progressive jackpot for this table. Whenever the bad beat jackpot is awarded this value is reset to 0 and accumulates by a set percentage of each pot. If the scope of this table is set to Linked Jackpot, then this current jackpot is added to the current jackpots of all other tables on website set to Linked Jackpot, and all will be reset together.

% Pot into Progressive: Specifies the bad beat rake to be taken from each pot in addition to regular rake settings. This is not actually a percentage value, it is a multiplier. So for 1% use .01. Please note that players will see this as rake while playing, although it is recorded separately in your business data. For example, if your table rake is set to 5% and your bad beat rake is 1%, then player will simply see 6% rake taken from the hand.

Qualifying Hand: The hand vlaue threshold that triggers the progressive jackpot. This value can be obtained from the pwsRanks table in your database, where lower numbers resent higher hand values. The value 322 coincides with a Threes Full over Twos hand in the pwsRanks table. Any losing hands equal to or stronger than this hand will trigger the bad beat jackpot, Only the best losing hand is eligible to win the largest share, even if another hand would also qualify.

Pot Split: Specifies how the pot is split among players at the table. The bad beat winner receives the first amount in the comma del imited list, the second percentage amount is awarded to the traditional winner of the hand, the third amount is split among all other members at the table who received cards for that hand (even if they folded they will still qualify). If there are no other members at the table, then this percentage remains in the pot to seed it for next time.

courage with 100k on table. see guys even old people can donk it up!

6AgHT9K.jpg

disregard last post. courage doesn't have those anymore :)

How did you guys get that much money on the table? Did guys reload about 50 times?

well i started with 70k in my "player bank" or whatever and i think courage started with 40kish. then i busted my 70k entirely to the point where i had to refresh to get 2500 chips for each new buy-in. i think i went through another 15kish that way until i turned it around and busted courage to get to 160kish which i still have now until i go spew it off.

especially with guinness in the mix. guy's a maniac

I only had 5 minutes before school started. I saw you guys and wanted to play a couple hands. It would be cool to go for an hour with at least 3 other humans at the table. Sometimes I find Dave playing but it's mostly bots.

Tommy - Regarding this contest, I'd like to request that we possibly move the date/time of the January showdown. My weekend is Friday/Saturday. I'm 7 hours ahead of Eastern time. If we go with the announced time, then I'm unable to play (assuming I stay in the top ten). I understand I'm only one player and a change might screw up others schedules.

Tommy - Regarding this contest, I'd like to request that we possibly move the date/time of the January showdown. My weekend is Friday/Saturday. I'm 7 hours ahead of Eastern time. If we go with the announced time, then I'm unable to play (assuming I stay in the top ten). I understand I'm only one player and a change might screw up others schedules.

I think debating the tournament time might make more sense in December... by then, we'll know who's in the tournament, schedules and jobs might have changed, etc.

But I'm definitely all for accommodating the "out of towners."

current PLOing for a few while i linger uselessly on a conference call at my desk.

butler hit the Royal Flush jackpot in Omaha! $120+k.

dumped about 50k flipping with keller. guess i used up all my skill on the royal.

spewed 10kish to a couple people then hoovered for a while. harley and i did a 110k flip in which i demonstrated my flipping skills to his astonishment. will be offering flipping lessons at a very affordable rate of 20k e-chips per half hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom