Tourney 200BB Heads-up Starting Stack (1 Viewer)

ttt

High Hand
Reaction score
I posted this previously in the wrong section and didn't get any replies so thought I would try again here.

I'm trying to put together a 100pc heads-up set. I know that this horse has been beaten to death on this forum, but very specifically I want to build something for playing fairly deep at 200BB. I looked at the WSOP HU tournament structure and their first round has a starting stack of 60k with the first few blind levels of:

1. 200-300
2. 200-400
3. 300-600

The rest is standard and can be inferred. I've narrowed my breakdown choice to the following two (both with T100/T500/T1000/T5000 chips):
1. 20/8/14/8
2. 15/7/20/7 (49 chips rather than 50 but that's okay)

I'm not sure which of these is better. I would go with the first one if the T100's will eventually get colored up to T1000's, but I kind of want the set to be self-contained and I don't think having 100 chips on the table for two players is that many as to requiring coloring up anyway. At which point the second distribution makes more sense to me because the T1000 is much more of a workhorse chip than T100 so one would need more of it.

Critique and suggestions of my thinking would be appreciated!

I have 2 heads-up sets. When considering the chips needed, I put a lot of weight on storage. I.e. will it fit in an easy to put away rack or chip tubes?

One of the sets is intended for use on our airplane tray table (Aviation CLub de Zombie), so I went as minimalistic as possible. Fewer chips was the key here, T25 base and an 8-8-4-1 set-up that fits into just 2 chip/coin tubes. A third tube carries spares, can be used for color-ups, or to stretch it to a 3-player game.

The other was a purchased H-U set. It's breakdown is less than fantastic, but the chips are excellent, and fit into a single Warneke box.

Even though we only have 16 T25s on the table in the Aviation Club de Zombie set, we still color them up when they are obsolete. I imagine having 30-40 unbettable chips in the way would get really annoying.

I can definitely understand how having 40 unbettable chips could get really annoying, and have revised my plans to include chips for coloring up.

I suspect that many matches would not go till the 1,500/3,000 level where the T100 needs to be colored up (the blind levels I'm thinking of trying out has a 1,200/2,400 level that AFAIK is atypical but makes sense to me). I guess coloring up is also less of an issue with shallower starting stacks. In any case I shouldn't lose sleep or design my set around something that won't happen very often.

I often find that at the late levels a 3rd party (an eliminated player) can color up chips on the fly without a break. Someone bets 2000 using 20 x T100, the 3rd party pulls the barrel from the pot and replaces it with 2 x T1000.

It's best if it's handled by the dealer of course, but anyone that is trustworthy will do.

Hard to beat either os these two heads-up tourney set breakdowns imo:

T5-base, T1500 stacks:
20 x T5
20 x T25
9 x T100

With 2 spare T100s which color-up the T5 chips.
40/40/20 fills the rack. 150BB with 5/10 opening blinds, or 300BB with 5/5.

T25-base, T10000 stacks:
20 x T25
20 x T100
5 x T500
5 x T1000

40/40/10/10 fills the rack. Get an extra T1000 chip if you want to color-up the T25s. 200BB stacks with 25/50 opening blinds.

Last edited:
One of the sets is intended for use on our airplane tray table (Aviation CLub de Zombie), so I went as minimalistic as possible. Fewer chips was the key here,
Have you considered using Air Poker for your mile high heads up sessions. I know it’s not as fun as using live chips, but it’s turbulence proof and you don’t even need to to be seated next to each other to use it. We use it on our flights out to Vegas to warm up.

I gotta say, I think I’ve seen your airplane tray table in another post and it’s very cool in a degen sort of way.

Never heard of Air Poker. Besides, chips rule.

We designed it to be turbulence proof, and "bouncy child in the seat in front of us" proof (or french guy, because they are always adjusting their seat back and forth the whole flight, and pushing like they can get 1 more degree of recline).

I always book flights together with Mrs Zombie, so we book adjacent seats. On Southwest flights (no pre-boarding seat selections) I pay for the "early boarding" which usually puts us midway back through the plane, as a remarkable number of people seem to need wheelchairs to board (but then oddly walk off at the end of the flight). Still we sit together.

Besides, the airplane table has more than paid for itself in free drinks by highly appreciative flight attendants. Of course, they just might not be charging anybody on the flight. I don't ask. We've had drink coupons expire, because when they come by to collect the coupons, they chat about the table for about 5 minutes and then leave.

Here's what I did :

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/nevada-jacks-travel-set.49914/

transparent_header_logo_360x.png

Intro
I used own to a Nevada Jacks tournament set but I recently sold it as I have too many tournament set for my use.
I always loved this series for several reasons: the artwork, the fact that this series has a lot of accessoires (cards, dealer, bounties, ...) and because of the textured surface of the chips. So I decided to keep the small travel set I had. This pr0n focuses on this small one.
These are available at @ABC Gifts and Awards .

Composition of the set
The set is mainly intended to be used as a head-up set but it can also serve as a travel set for 4-max games.
For head-up, the set support any starting stack ranging from 5,000 to 10,000 (16/16/x).
For 4 players games, the set supports 5,000 starting stacks (8/8/8).

$25 x 32
$100 x 42 (incl. 10 chips for color-up)
$500 x 32
Setup of plastic cards x 2
Dealer x 1
100-ct case
Small neoprene felt (60x40cm)

Photos
full

full

full

full

full

Kid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom