200 unique Key West quarters (1 Viewer)

dennis63

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
Butterscotch%20quarters_zpsw6dwqjgz.jpg

Our mistake in 2014: Key West quarters are (usually) gray and black. Nickels are butterscotch and chocolate.

Occasionally, I will answer an e-mail before I've finished that first cup of coffee.

It was on just such a day in 2014 when I heard from David at Classic Poker Chips. A typo on my order -- I meant to write "5 cent" and wrote "25 cent --" made it onto a proof and for some reason. (Another bad day, no doubt.) I checked the proof, but never actually looked at the denomination on the chip. (The base color and edge spots looked great.)

The folks at Classic are always careful to check, but I did write "25" and even approved the proof. They obliged, and made some really nice chips, I must say.

The chips are actually the first Key Wests made in error, and there are only 200 of them. I'm sure I'll find some good use for them.

Just thought I would share the photo.

Last edited:
Love this combo. Ever since you chose it for your nickel I've had it in my mind for a $5.

Maybe it will gradually climb its way up the food chain if you can have a few more coffee-less mornings ;)

Or Key West 1s :whistle: :whistling:

"Why did you buy another set of chips?"
"Well, Dennis had some error chips, and they needed something to go with them..."

Or Key West 1s :whistle: :whistling:

"Why did you buy another set of chips?"
"Well, Dennis had some error chips, and they needed something to go with them..."

I really like the Key West chips. Owned a set for three months lol........damn I have issues. Bought them at a buck a chip, sold them at a buck a chip.....one of many regrets.

Please make these an option for quarters (permanently). Such a good color combo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom