2 PLO hands vs same villain (1 Viewer)

onerand

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
2-5 PLO. I just got moved to main game and first hand I see villain stacked for 500 by aces full on a draw heavy board. I cover in both hands. Villain rebus for 500. Did not see his hand and no reads. Unknown to each other.

Hand 1 is 2 hands after.

Villain limps after another. I open QJJT with three diamonds to 25 in late position. Blinds and the limpers call.

Flop is Q87 rainbow with a diamond. Checked to me, I bet 90 and only villain calls.

Turn is Kh, second heart. Villain checks and so do I.

River is the 9h. Villain instantly jams for exactly pot. Less than a second. Call or fold? Bet turn?

Hand 2 is an hour later.

Villain took a bad beat to a turned 2 outer in the interim and bought in for 1,000. This is soon after.

Several limp and villain pots on the button to 30. He was mostly loose passive. I call in BB with KK93sscc and only UTG calls.

Flop is AsKh9s. Check, check, villain bets 50 and only I call. Thoughts?

Turn is 9d. I check, villain, quickly bets 150, I think for a bit and call.

River is 4h. I check intending to call. Thoughts?

I think hand one is a fold. More so after I see the loose-passive read in the second hand history.

The second hand bothers me. Hero has some reason to think villain holds AAxx, that often being the major range for a loose-passive to wake up raising preflop. However I can't bring myself to commit to the read so much that I would suggest Hero fold. I think a passive line is in order.

Flat the less than half pot flop bet, Hero has good odds just drawing for the flush.

Hero turns the second nut full house, but the nut is AAxx just what we feared from the beginning. How sold is Hero on his read? Could villain have raised with something like :ah: :qs: :js: :9h:? The turn bet isn't pot sized, but it is bigger than the flop bet. Vs an unknown, I think Hero should at least call. Vs the villain as described I am torn between folding or calling.

Hero missed the two out quads draw on the river <dang>. I approve of the check, though I could also respect a blocking bet/fold line as well. I lean towards a fold if villain makes a substantial river bet. A loose-passive that bets every street means business. I have a hard time putting villain on any hand other than AAxx, though it is faintly possible villain has an A9xx hand similar to the one listed above.

Special note - I revert to calling if hero feels villain might be tilting. It didn't feel that way in the OP - villain seems like he/she is accustomed to rebuying multiple times a night most nights.

DrStrange

2-5 PLO. I just got moved to main game and first hand I see villain stacked for 500 by aces full on a draw heavy board. I cover in both hands. Villain rebus for 500. Did not see his hand and no reads. Unknown to each other.

Hand 1 is 2 hands after.

Villain limps after another. I open QJJT with three diamonds to 25 in late position. Blinds and the limpers call.

Flop is Q87 rainbow with a diamond. Checked to me, I bet 90 and only villain calls.

Turn is Kh, second heart. Villain checks and so do I.

River is the 9h. Villain instantly jams for exactly pot. Less than a second. Call or fold? Bet turn?

If you had a read on him, you could call. But because of the unknown, you probably have to fold. I wouldn't hold it against you for calling because he was on steam mode.

Hand 2 is an hour later.

Villain took a bad beat to a turned 2 outer in the interim and bought in for 1,000. This is soon after.

Several limp and villain pots on the button to 30. He was mostly loose passive. I call in BB with KK93sscc and only UTG calls.

Flop is AsKh9s. Check, check, villain bets 50 and only I call. Thoughts?

Turn is 9d. I check, villain, quickly bets 150, I think for a bit and call.

River is 4h. I check intending to call. Thoughts?

If you saw a showdown on hand one and learned that Villain was tilt-jamming, its worth at least a call, for all the reasons Dr. Strange notes. Let him hang himself.

Thanks for the comments.

Hand 1 I called and villain showed J964 with only the Jh. Instant river shove on a board-changing card was suspicious.

Hand 2 I called and Villain showed AQQT no spades.

Thanks for the comments.

Hand 1 I called and villain showed J964 with only the Jh. Instant river shove on a board-changing card was suspicious.

Hand 2 I called and Villain showed AQQT no spades.

Where in the holy hell do you people find these guys who are willing to punt off their whole stacks on incredibly poor bluffs?

I was gonna say fold Hand 1 without any reads, and fold Hand 2 based on the villain-is-passive read.

Hand 2, on the flop: I would've raised pot and got my stack in if he came over the top. We've got a strong hand with a nut re-draw; this is what we live for in PLO :)

That being said, now you know he bluffs hard with a lot of naked blockers. Not sure if you keep looking him up in the future, or only when he's on tilt...

Instant river shove on a board-changing card was suspicious.
I think that’s a nice read for the stakes I play. A trickier villain might bet that way with the nuts, to exploit that kind of read, but I’ve never played 2/5, so I wouldn’t know.

I think that’s a nice read for the stakes I play. A trickier villain might bet that way with the nuts, to exploit that kind of read, but I’ve never played 2/5, so I wouldn’t know.

A read like that needs to be correlated to know if it is a fake tell or not. A few people I play with every week do this and I have not seen it as a bluff yet. Always a strong hand. But they aren’t very good either, they just have more money to play with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom