2 player cash game (1 Viewer)

NA5CSPoker

Sitting Out
Reaction score
FD3A9253-251B-4C25-A311-328B09AEB8AD.jpeg

My starting stack until i get 30 extra 25’s, 100’s and 500’s 1k’s and 5k’s

Do you think this is good for 2 player cash game with starting stack of 2,500?

Welcome sir!

Looks like way too many denoms in play. What do you need 1ks or 5ks for if starting stacks are 2500? I would also very much recommened getting plastic cards. It’s a cheap but valueable upgrade.

Yeah man, but prolly don't need the DB if you are taking turns dealing. And your denoms have no font..? Tribal wolves theme would be dope! :D

uus fracci blue.jpg

If the cards are being dealt to a hard surface, I actually prefer paper over plastic.

If the cards are being dealt to a hard surface, I actually prefer paper over plastic.
Same, I started with plastic but went to paper because paper is preferred in bridge shuffling

Welcome sir!

Looks like way too many denoms in play. What do you need 1ks or 5ks for if starting stacks are 2500? I would also very much recommened getting plastic cards. It’s a cheap but valueable upgrade.
I am planning to buy 500’s, 1k’s, and 5k’s and i will be removing 1’s, 5’s, and 10’s from tournament. I will make 25 cash game and tournament, I will need 30 extra 25’s and 100’s.

Sorry, not sure if tournament or just Cash, play till you have it all

Either way, I would make white T$25, remove blue and green. If you want singles, make the blue and/or green singles. Probably have enough to color up the red and blue if desired.

With just two people playing there's lots you can do to make it more smooth. Counting stacks for allins would be obnoxious I think. When you don't have an ideal set, there are other creative solutions when denominations aren't in chips. 3 values in play for cash is typical with a 4th for big games in my opinion.

Same, I started with plastic but went to paper because paper is preferred in bridge shuffling

I am planning to buy 500’s, 1k’s, and 5k’s and i will be removing 1’s, 5’s, and 10’s from tournament. I will make 25 cash game and tournament, I will need 30 extra 25’s and 100’s.
I see, I haven’t used paper for a long time but maybe it has its advantages. They will surely need to be replaced by a fresh deck sooner than plastics though.

To get breakdown suggestions I think you need to clearify a couple of things.

-will this be exclusively a heads-up set or do you want to plan for the possibility of more players?
-is this really for a cashgame or is it a tournament (blinds go up, player left with all chips is the winner)?
-if for both cash and tournament it’s generally not recommended to use the same set for both. Mostly it has to do with security.
-lastly, this being a poker chip forum I can’t really not recommened getting new chips. Dice chips does the job of course and we’ve probably all owned them at some point, but getting something better is usually the reason we all first came here.

Thanks, I do enjoy having an variety of choices for rotation

I think my collection are average, still always in the look out for more jumbo index set to add on to the collection

I think I had enough standard index set as I don’t use them as much compare to jumbo index

I see, I haven’t used paper for a long time but maybe it has its advantages. They will surely need to be replaced by a fresh deck sooner than plastics though.

To get breakdown suggestions I think you need to clearify a couple of things.

-will this be exclusively a heads-up set or do you want to plan for the possibility of more players?
-is this really for a cashgame or is it a tournament (blinds go up, player left with all chips is the winner)?
-if for both cash and tournament it’s generally not recommended to use the same set for both. Mostly it has to do with security.
-lastly, this being a poker chip forum I can’t really not recommened getting new chips. Dice chips does the job of course and we’ve probably all owned them at some point, but getting something better is usually the reason we all first came here.
I would need to go to a store and find a plastic bicycle deck, also, how many chips would I need for cash game, I dont want to buy any more 1’s, 5’s and 10’s so what should be my cash game starting stacks if i only had 50 1’s, 50 5’s and 50 10’s?

Sorry, not sure if tournament or just Cash, play till you have it all

Either way, I would make white T$25, remove blue and green. If you want singles, make the blue and/or green singles. Probably have enough to color up the red and blue if desired.

With just two people playing there's lots you can do to make it more smooth. Counting stacks for allins would be obnoxious I think. When you don't have an ideal set, there are other creative solutions when denominations aren't in chips. 3 values in play for cash is typical with a 4th for big games in my opinion.
i would remove the 100’s from the cash game, also im planning to get T500’s, T1k’s and T5k’s

I would need to go to a store and find a plastic bicycle deck, also, how many chips would I need for cash game, I dont want to buy any more 1’s, 5’s and 10’s so what should be my cash game starting stacks if i only had 50 1’s, 50 5’s and 50 10’s?
What stakes? Also, you want denoms with 4-5x in between. Having both a 5 and a 10 isn’t effective.

Unless he playing super High stakes head-up. He is not playing Cash Game, he most likely playing Tourney or Play-money head-up

It confusing & difficult for people to give you advise on breakdown when you are using Non-denomination chip without mentioning which colour represent which denomination and how many of each colour you had.

You most likely do not need to buy more chip, just need to reconfigure the denomination value

Unless he playing super High stakes head-up. He is not playing Cash Game, he most likely playing Tourney or Play-money head-up

It confusing & difficult for people to give you advise on breakdown when you are using Non-denomination chip without mentioning which colour represent which denomination and how many of each colour you had.

You most likely do not need to buy more chip, just need to reconfigure the denomination value
im removing 100’s

I only would have 50 as starting stack for cash game as i wont have enough if i have 50 1’s, 5’s and 10’s i do have a chance to have a new breakdown for it with 25’s so i would have a 5, 5, 2, 2 breakdown for 100 dollar starting stack.

BD693F98-B675-45EB-BA05-CD98C3509ED2.jpeg
My sad 100 dollar cash game starting stack, Oh well. i will have to wait to get extra 1’s and 5’s but I will have to stick to this for now.

I feel obliged to comment here to help out a fellow Aussie.

Mate what assistance are you generally looking for? Chip breakdowns for cash or tournaments? Guidance on what types of chips you could consider based on a budget etc?

Just a friendly headsup, most members here are from the US and therefore have a default preference/snobbery for clay chips, so dont expect too much assistance when asking for advice on inexpensive basic plastic chips etc.

If you have any questions feel free to shot me a PM.

Last edited:
I feel obliged to comment here to help out a fellow Aussie.

Mate what assistance are you generally looking for? Chip breakdowns for cash or tournaments? Guidance on what types of chips you could consider based on a budget etc?

Just a friendly headsup, most members here are from the US and therefore have a default preference/snobbery for clay chips, so dont expect too much assistance when asking for advice on inexpensive basic plastic chips etc.

If you have any questions feel free to shot me a PM.
i only have 50 1’s, 5’s and 10’s, so what should i start with, also what is PM?

86A65A42-904F-4774-8568-7372B5264D6C.jpeg
This is mini stakes for cash game with $6 25¢ buy in with 5¢ 10¢ blinds (Red is 5¢,white is 25¢ and blue is $1.

Don’t mean to be a dick, but isn’t that ”snobbery” pretty much the whole point of this forum?

OP, if you’re happy playing with those chips, then god bless. Only means you’re smarter than the rest of us

Don’t mean to be a dick, but isn’t that ”snobbery” pretty much the whole point of this forum?

OP, if you’re happy playing with those chips, then god bless. Only means you’re smarter than the rest of us
poker chips is the reason for the forum, which includes chips made from other materials besides clay.

poker chips is the reason for the forum, which includes chips made from other materials besides clay.
Yes of course, but you know as well as I do that most stumble in here in search of an upgrade to their dice chips. There are however other good upgrades to those than only clay chips, I agree.

While there’s nothing wrong with playing dice chips

I not a fan of playing full Non denominations set, I will ditch the game because of that reason if I saw ND Dice chips

It will only work for me if you only use 1 ND chip per set or you are using all ND for Limited set where there only 2 colour involve with 90% of them being one colour anyway

Mate, those starting stacks are rubbish. You need to use more of the lower denominated chips to have a comfortable game. For example, per player these would be much better:

15x 5c
17x 25c
5x $1
-------
$10 total

or

16x 25c
16x $1
1x $5
------
$25 total
You didnt realise I didnt want to buy any more chips? the problem is if i had x16 for 10 players i would need 160 25c and that is way too many chips. So i would stick with a 5,5,2,2 structure for $100 starting stack with $1, $1 blinds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom