• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine 2 mint racks metallic gold THC in this set (1 Viewer)

Seems somewhat sketch as someone was selling this previous on an eBay acct with reviews no 0 reviews...

I feel like I have read this before “Paulson Poker Chip Set of 1,000 NEW, Mint Condition! I purchased these chips and cases in 2000 directly from Charlie Endy Vice President of Sales and one of the Paulson sons at the Paulson store in Las Vegas on one of my trips to Vegas.”

I feel like I have read this before “Paulson Poker Chip Set of 1,000 NEW, Mint Condition! I purchased these chips and cases in 2000 directly from Charlie Endy Vice President of Sales and one of the Paulson sons at the Paulson store in Las Vegas on one of my trips to Vegas.”
You have it’s definitely the same chips in the pictures at least but just v odd. Maybe someone bought them (local?) and is selling them now using the same language either with or without permission from the original seller

I don't know if the seller is a scammer. But I can confidently state that these pictures have the worst lighting that I have ever seen in an eBay chip auction. :vomit:
Quick someone send him the one where the creepiest man ever is hold I get the chip up to the camera - that one wins worst eBay chip photo ever in my book. Scares the shit out of me every time.

From @AWenger The definitive post:
Ok. I found the other thread from late 2017, and posted links and the text below. Assuming it's the same seller, he is an acquaintance of mine from a local poker game, but the poker game I knew him from no longer runs, so the last time I saw him might have been back in early 2018. At one point, I extended a feeler offer to him to buy the chips for around $1600, if he was willing to bring them with him to the next game, (and save him the trouble of packing & shipping them), but he politely turned me down, and said he had received bigger offers through eBay.

If @arch3r or others here are interested in contacting the seller directly to discuss a sale or brokering a deal, let me know, and I can probably get you in touch with him directly. But I'm no longer interested in the set.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/paulson-cj-hotstamp-group-buy.25361/#post-467486
Hey guys, after looking at these and the seller's name/location, I'm pretty sure the seller is a guy I know who deals a monthly home game in DC. While talking chip collecting with him before, he's mentioned he's got a set of Paulson solids, for a NL or limit game, and IIRC, they were purchased from the Paulson retail store in Vegas.
If its the same guy, and if you work out a group buy, and he's willing to deal offline to save eBay fees, I could pick these up locally, and help with splitting shipping.
I might be interested in a few racks of $5s, but only at a price less than $100 a rack.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/paulson-cj-hotstamp-group-buy.25361/#post-476760
Dec 13, 2017
Update: I ran into the seller over the weekend at a game I play in. I told him he couldn't sneak his post on eBay by me or the chip collectors on PCF. ;) (The post also has around 20+ people following it on eBay, so he knows it already.) He said he's gotten a couple offers through eBay, the highest being $2200 or $2250, (compared to his $2500 BIN price), although it sounded like he either rejected them or was waiting a few more days. He said he could tell by the eBay screennames that offers came from a company/reseller, (i.e. like atlanticcoin, apachepokerchips,or something, although he didn't think either of those were the ones who bid.)
We had a brief discussion about whtat it would take to buy off eBay, and he's not necessarily opposed if the set doesn't sell on eBay; he said the eBay fees run around 10% (which seemed high to him, but he's never sold anything on eBay before, like me). Even if he took the highest offer, he'd be netting over $2,000. I told him I could probably get a group together that would be interested in a little less than $1 per chip. I had been thinking if he had told me something like 'give me $1600 cash and the chips are yours' I probably would have snap-agreed to that price, but he's received higher offers already, so he's not letting them go for less. If I read him correctly, he also seemed intent on trying to get maximum dollar for the set, and even letting his post ride at his asking price of $2500. He said he's had the chips for a long time already, and it sounded like he's not in any rush to sell them.
One more thing, based on pricing at $1/chip or more, I'm withdrawing my interest for a few racks of $5s. (I had been hoping for around 80 cent/chip).
Let me know what you guys think, and what you value the chips at, and/or if anyone is interested in the other 'unclaimed' Red, Purple and Green chips. But absent a higher offer, and having all the chips spoken for, I can't make any deal that would compete with other offers the seller has already received.

This is obviously the product of a very lonely and disturbed individual. For the last three years, the highlight of his life has been offering these chips up for sale at an inflated price so that no one buys them and he can repeat the process, for whatever reason.

I shall henceforth refer to him only as "$3 T&A Man".

If these chips are ever wrested from his cold dead hands, I want the blue/purple/blurple whatever chips, because they look good under any lighting conditions.

0a9afe6948b6a33549a066ca0d6cb81e.png
0b5ee63df2053200f467a07e567f77f3.png
ffcbd48808b8558fba9fee07b577fb3a.png
f463e8cb1e1b7ec027a8a44d7307c19e.png
d8f5c128590842a816d588355f33a1cc.png
f46bd8ce789da9731084a2fb54746400.png
80ad2f7af45ed64e8a36d3e89406910f.png

Except this one:

b68503e79e04c1d0ef216d35c341f603.png

Sooooo it appears we've solved the mystery of who the seller is....now we just need to figure out why he constantly takes down the listing and then relists off and on for years....

So wait those are purple $3? Q is this Paulson set for sure or C&J?? The script font makes me go hmmmmn did C&j make Gold???

I've negotiated for these chips twice, and both times the original owner just wanted a bit too much. No clue if it's moved on to a new owner or not. Le' sigh.

Has anyone made him an offer yet for both sets (based off of this most recent listing)? I don't want to make him an offer and drive up the price if we can work out a split.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom