SOLD 2 love birds, some Bakelites and a Mapes $100 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RivieraDanny is trying to help and it is appreciated - the fact he is giving us the option to get out shows that, he really doesn’t have to. At the end of the day, that there is suddenly a rack (or more, I have no idea) available is material to the price of all the Mapes $100 but it’s irrelevant to this auction.

I was winning his eBay auction when I was offered the option to backstop the winning bid here and I declined because I technically didn’t have to and in light of this new info I didn’t want to buy a second chip north of $200 (I think that’s reasonable). The eBay auction has since been cancelled.

So...If this auction gets cancelled, I’m okay with it. if @Tommy doesnt want to set a precedent, that’s understandable too. So if you need me to firm up my previous $205 bid I’m also fine with it even if it means I take an immediate loss. No need to get anyone banned or create unnecessary drama.

Someone said here this hobby is about being on the right side of the information. 100% true for ANY hobby. Clearly I’m not. Thx to those who reached out to give me a heads up. And thanks @RivieraDanny for offering us the option to get out.

Have a nice day.

Good morning everyone. So many reported threads this morning. Now that I had breakfast and some coffee (and in a better mood), let's address some things.

First, we don't permit sellers to let members out of their bids. The reason is that it has the potential to affect the integrity of an auction.

Sellers are not permitted to cancel auctions with bids, and bidders are not permitted to retract bids. This is already stated in the Auction Guidelines. Of course, nothing is stopping them from doing it, but there are consequences.

The name-calling, trolling, and attacks on members are out of control. I'm not just talking about this thread. This is the last public warning that I'm giving. The mods and I will be smashing that warn button, and if it continues, we'll be smashing that ban button instead. And the only person forcing our hand to take such actions is you.

Time for more coffee in my @Windwalker approved cup.

PXL_20210405_142644624.jpg

@RivieraDanny is trying to help and it is appreciated - the fact he is giving us the option to get out shows that, he really doesn’t have to. At the end of the day, that there is suddenly a rack (or more, I have no idea) available is material to the price of all the Mapes $100 but it’s irrelevant to this auction.

I was winning his eBay auction when I was offered the option to backstop the winning bid here and I declined because I technically didn’t have to and in light of this new info I didn’t want to buy a second chip north of $200 (I think that’s reasonable). The eBay auction has since been cancelled.

So...If this auction gets cancelled, I’m okay with it. if @Tommy doesnt want to set a precedent, that’s understandable too. So if you need me to firm up my previous $205 bid I’m also fine with it even if it means I take an immediate loss. No need to get anyone banned or create unnecessary drama.

Someone said here this hobby is about being on the right side of the information. 100% true for ANY hobby. Clearly I’m not. Thx to those who reached out to give me a heads up. And thanks @RivieraDanny for offering us the option to get out.

Have a nice day.
Damn that is one classy post.

1617633046447.gif

IMHO the main reasons to buy any chips are because you like them, you can afford them, and you would not regret the purchase even if the market for others like them changed dramatically.

I’ve never bought any chips thinking, “I wouldn’t want these if I knew they might have less value later.” I bought them because I wanted them.

In short, I don’t think the seller needed to disclose his full inventory. And in any case apparently the existence of other similar chips was hardly a secret to those who care about this denom.

GLWA

IMHO the main reasons to buy any chips are because you like them, you can afford them, and you would not regret the purchase even if the market for others like them changed dramatically.

I’ve never bought any chips thinking, “I wouldn’t want these if I knew they might have less value later.” I bought them because I wanted them.

In short, I don’t think the seller needed to disclose his full inventory. And in any case apparently the existence of other similar chips was hardly a secret to those who care about this denom.

GLWA
F2BE8A0E-93D3-4A32-9613-5E15DBE2D088.png

I believe this addresses your fair comment.

Today’s therapy will be watching the mighty Colorado river flow by a while before trekking home to Wisconsin to pack and ship chips sold after we left for vacation that great guys have been waiting patiently for! Cup, Chairs and matching shoes not planned!!!View attachment 671116
Would you happen to be in Grand Junction Colorado in this picture? Looks familiar from my travels through that area.
Great picture by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom