$2 Bally's Chips Colors seem different (1 Viewer)

Terrys394

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
I collected a number of $1 and $2 Bally's chips during the series and recently starting unboxing them looking to sell soon. Here's a question that I don't see in the threads. It looks like there are two different colors a pink and an orange. In the picture you can see the one stack is pink, the next is orange and the others are mixed. Anyone else notice the variation in your Paris 2s? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6455.JPG
    IMG_6455.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 202
The spots are Light Pink I believe, which are known to yellow with use (or just sitting). There’s some threads on it, specifically regarding the Horseshoe snappers from one of the TCR sales
Totally true. But if you look at his chips, it doesn’t really look like that. Could be. But I’m thinking he’s got two different chips there.

Totally true. But if you look at his chips, it doesn’t really look like that. Could be. But I’m thinking he’s got two different chips there.
Nope. I’ve got 14 racks of $2s, all harvested within a week, but the used ones started to discolor on the edges to that yellow ish

Nicotine staining
My chips were taken right from the WSOP which is non smoking to the closet of my home which is non smoking also. After reading some of the threads it seems that the ones that were circulated probably turned a different color while the others did not. Could it be a reaction with the oil in people's fingers?

specifically regarding the Horseshoe snappers from one of the TCR sales
Also the Horseshoe Cleveland primary 500 chip. Same color, same issues with color variation (pink/orange) after time.

I've always had a thought that there may be something in the specific formulation of the light pink color (different dye or chemical makeup?) that may cause the fading/change in color over time that's different from some of the other colors.

Light Pink discoloration is known to happen to brand new uncirculated chips, used chips, etc. There are 2-3 colors that have this issue. Almond is one. Some colors take longer than others.

Also the Horseshoe Cleveland primary 500 chip. Same color, same issues with color variation (pink/orange) after time.

I've always had a thought that there may be something in the specific formulation of the light pink color (different dye or chemical makeup?) that may cause the fading/change in color over time that's different from some of the other colors.
Yeah that’s the one I was thinking of, when I said GPI has known about it for years. I think those chips were probably made around 2013-2014.
I just don’t remember the discoloration being as dramatic or consistent with those. I feel like the ones I had, the orange was mostly restricted to inside the hats and canes. But I might not be remembering perfectly.

I just don’t remember the discoloration being as dramatic or consistent with those. I feel like the ones I had, the orange was mostly restricted to inside the hats and canes. But I might not be remembering perfectly.
You're right, I just took a look, and while the faces of the HS Clev 500 chip have slightly different color, it's barely noticeable in the barrels compared to the Paris $2 above.

20230104_214601.jpg
20230104_214642.jpg

Light Pink discoloration is known to happen to brand new uncirculated chips, used chips, etc. There are 2-3 colors that have this issue. Almond is one. Some colors take longer than others.
The pink-ish spot on the venetian $2 must be one of those colors. It faded badly while the black/ blue still look good.

Attachments

• 20230106_112112.jpg
    20230106_112112.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 56

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom