1st time poster from Australia (1 Viewer)

Bubblejuice

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m from Sydney Australia. Sams the name.I’ve been an avid follower of hobbyphilic on YT which brought be to register on this forum. I just recently got into ceramic chips due to his videos. My plan over my stay here is get a few set. Tiki kings and scrolls have caught my eye as the next set I want. Will probably never own a Paulson set but I might get a sample set to play around with at home when I’m bored. That’s it for my intro. No longer a lurker. Look forward to browsing.

Good to see some fellow aussies here. I look forward to seeing everyone’s sets. Feel welcomed already.

Welcome mate, I'm also in Sydney.
If you decide to go the Paulson route, get in touch.

Wow didn’t realise how many Aussies were in this group..nekminnit

yeah there are a few of us. Slowly were gaing a bit of momentum. Are you a poker player? Cash/ tourney?

So what sort of chips are you looking for? there are some nice sets in oz now.

funny thing I also thought id never get a Paulson set now i have both a tourney set and a cashie set. Most are mint too! Postage and the crap aussie dollar are the killers.

but if you want a set it is totally possible.

Geoff

yeah there are a few of us. Slowly were gaing a bit of momentum. Are you a poker player? Cash/ tourney?

So what sort of chips are you looking for? there are some nice sets in oz now.

funny thing I also thought id never get a Paulson set now i have both a tourney set and a cashie set. Most are mint too! Postage and the crap aussie dollar are the killers.

but if you want a set it is totally possible.

Geoff

I used to play heaps of tournaments back when I was young and single lol..now I pretty much stick to a monthly cash game with my mates and occasional star city when I’m in town..

I’ve never felt Paulson chips but I love the feel of the ceramics and there easy to shuffle and splash.

I don’t see much good sets on eBay or gumtree..most are your generic chips with metal inlay. Jacks poker and poker shop don’t offer too Much variety too.

The aussie dollar does suck eggs..too hard to import from US unless it’s dirt cheap which will still be like 400 +

Hello Sam, I have two sets of Tiki Kings and love them. I looked at the Scrolls, but after getting a sample set I decided against them -- just wasn't crazy about how they felt, but I do like my Tiki Kings. I spent 6 wonderful weeks in your country a few years back, mostly in Woomera and Adelaide and I was able to spend sometime in Sydney as well and I absolutely loved it -- could have done without the flies in Woomera and Andamooka, but other than that it was a great trip

Hello Sam, I have two sets of Tiki Kings and love them. I looked at the Scrolls, but after getting a sample set I decided against them -- just wasn't crazy about how they felt, but I do like my Tiki Kings. I spent 6 wonderful weeks in your country a few years back, mostly in Woomera and Adelaide and I was able to spend sometime in Sydney as well and I absolutely loved it -- could have done without the flies in Woomera and Andamooka, but other than that it was a great trip

Yeh I like tiki look because there out there. Not your standard design. What was it you didn’t like about scrolls? Are they too slippery.

Trust me in summer the flies love nothing better to do then suck your sweat and annoy the out of you when your dying of humidity lol.

Welcome to PCF Sam! Yes Hobbyphilic brought me here too. Like you I was interested in getting a set of ceramic chips too; however, it’s been nothing but Paulsons. Well I did put together a cool cash game set of Garden City BCC chips. In any case, glad to have you here and don’t count out not buying Paulsons (y) :thumbsup:

I used to play heaps of tournaments back when I was young and single lol..now I pretty much stick to a monthly cash game with my mates and occasional star city when I’m in town..

I’ve never felt Paulson chips but I love the feel of the ceramics and there easy to shuffle and splash.

OMG thats not right send me your address on PM and ill send you some.

Geoff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom