1st set of chips. going all out, CPC custom (2 Viewers)

You need a proper mock-up of your art on an appropriately sized/shaped inlay. Default is round with 7/8" diameter. This is the general dimensions you have to work with.

Try various positions of the graphic elements with the text. Sometimes you can overlap, sometimes they look better when they are separated. Choose a background colour (I would suggest plain white). Play with the fonts and the font sizes. If you are finding that the label looks too cluttered, then consider having differing inlays for both sides of the chip and divide the elements between them.

It is good to get some inspiration from other designs that work. Perusing the "Best Of 2020" threads will show you a variety of popular CPC chip and inlay designs. Of course, this is your set, so your opinion matters most.

There are some patterns that can get stretched to 1-1/16 which is one reason i chose FDL. but what if I go to hot stamps? I've seen reviews on CPC hot stamps and they have metallic letters maybe they can make her bra bronze / silver / gold that I am kinda wanting. also would I be able to make the picture the size of the chip if I choose no mold on the hot stamp?

There are some patterns that can get stretched to 1-1/16 which is one reason i chose FDL. but what if I go to hot stamps? I've seen reviews on CPC hot stamps and they have metallic letters maybe they can make her bra bronze / silver / gold that I am kinda wanting. also would I be able to make the picture the size of the chip if I choose no mold on the hot stamp?

Hot stamps are an option. You have to pay for each die that is different. Foil colour must be consistent for each side stamped. You will need to get size details directly from CPC, but full face is probably not possible.

As far as designs go, bear in mind that prostitution and brothels are legal in Nevada and many brothels have produced commemorative poker chips as souvenirs / advertising tokens. Take a look at some of them from the real world and that might give you some inspiration for your own chips.

https://spinettisgaming.com/collections/brothel-chips

Do note that almost none of these were used as gaming tokens, so they mostly don't have denominations. There's no reason your own set couldn't have denoms, of course.

oh no. who is the best chip maker to the public that does? and do you think it would be worth the step down to get the metallic in this case? I've got custom art and dont want to waste it.

For custom chips that have metallic inlays you're looking at Matsui or Abbiati - note that these are high end plastics, not clay and will probably be more expensive!

If you want full face designs then you should be looking at ceramics. They are also a much cheaper option than cpc clays, but still considered high quality.

Random examples from google:
Screenshot_20210811-192116~2.png

Screenshot_20210811-192047~2.png

Screenshot_20210811-190401~2.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom