1st Set Dilemma....China clays vs CPC Atlantic Club Hot Stamped??? (1 Viewer)

China clays vs CPC Atlantic Club?

• Total voters
What type of China Clays were you interested in?

so far after getting the sample sets of milano, majestics , and phararohs im leaning towards getting a 400 chip tourney set of milanos because i found them to be the cheapest from pokerchipmania after watching william whites video. 400 looks like will run me $150 shipped. so im prob going to start there with my first purchase.

as a cash set i really like the pharaohs 5c, 25c, $1, and $5, and i really really like the majestics $1, and $5. so im in a bit of a pickle there. I either get all Pharaohs which will run me .42c a chip off Apache or i get some Majestic relabels from @Gear and switch the 50c orange chip to 5c and the $10 blue to 25c. and that would run me i think around .68c a chip for the relabels and then .38 for the regular. is it frowned upon to have mixed chips? like having 5c,25c pharaohs and getting $1,$5 majestics? probably huh.

Nothing wrong with mixing cc molds imo, although it will seriously tilt some around here with chip ocd issues. Even better if they play at your game. :D

what blanks are those in the picture?
They are the spirit mold. I got them at chipsandgames.com. @BGinGA know the total history of these chips, but as I understand it, they were one of the original china clays. if you're going to go semi-custom, in my opinion, its not a bad way to start. Getting labels from @Gear, you can be all in for around $.40 per chip. They also have some blanks with edge spots. Only problem is that since they are so old, you are definitely going to need to oil them. In my opinion, the semi-custom china clay is a great way to get into this hobby. You get your hands dirty and really find out what you like and don't like before you drop the big money on a set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom