1st Custom Chip Attempt (1 Viewer)

jskel

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

If you find some time and wouldn't mind looking through these and giving some feedback I would appreciate it. Once you get past the unoriginal inlay then you can really get to work.

*I like a dark inlay
*I like a blue $1 chip

I'm really having issues with a quarter. I put 2 different ones in there for now. I haven't seen samples yet and don't know if a dayglo chip yet to know if it will be too bright for the rest of the set. I will get samples at some time but I liked looking at a reddish/orangeish color. That's all I have for now. Looking forward to what you guys throw my way and feel free to not take it easy. I'm very unoriginal and lack artistic abilities

My set will be the following breakdown for a .25/.50 game and have to stay within the levels I have now to keep in a budget that I have stupidly put on this project.

.25 x 100
1.00 x 200
5.00 x 100
20.00 x ?
Skelly's Rd 1.png

Skelly's Rd 1.png
Skelly's Rd 2.png

What will your buy be? 60? Are there a ton of rebuys normally?

If your buy in expands to 100 at any point your going to be short on fives. I'd get 200 x 5 and at a minimum enough 20's to cover 15 rebuys.

I like the second quarter best. However I believe the gray and light blue are way to close in color.

As an individual chip I love the white/maroon. I don't think it flows well with the set.

DG Tiger is one of my favorite colors but I absolutely love it as a spot and am somewhat meh about it as a main base color on a spotted chip. I do love it on 14pies and solids though. I've tried hard many, many times to use it as a base but never liked it enough to pull the trigger.

Have you considered a butterscotch $5? :D

DG Tiger is one of my favorite colors but I absolutely love it as a spot and am somewhat meh about it as a main base color on a spotted chip. I do love it on 14pies and solids though. I've tried hard many, many times to use it as a base but never liked it enough to pull the trigger.

Butterscotch is a fantastic color. I disagree about the Dayglo Tiger.

20170622_131739.jpg
20170624_075035.jpg

Butterscotch is a fantastic color. I disagree about the Dayglo Tiger.
You only disagree because you don't have a tiger/green 1/4pie double chip. You know you'd love it just as much :D

I looked at butterscotch but I'm not up in arms about it. I didn't see much outside of the browns/yellows/oranges I could spot it with and that go with the inlay. I thought about a butterscotch quarter more seriously with just one color of spots.

Last edited:
What will your buy be? 60? Are there a ton of rebuys normally?

If your buy in expands to 100 at any point your going to be short on fives. I'd get 200 x 5 and at a minimum enough 20's to cover 15 rebuys.

I like the second quarter best. However I believe the gray and light blue are way to close in color.

As an individual chip I love the white/maroon. I don't think it flows well with the set.[/QUOTE
Most people buy in for $40 to start with 12/17/4 and normally about 4 rebuys per game. Sometimes up to 7 or 8. Most we have had play is 8.

Most people buy in for $40 to start with 12/17/4 and normally about 4 rebuys per game. Sometimes up to 7 or 8. Most we have had play is 8.

If you don't think the game is going to grow over time then what you suggest in the OP should work (I would still want more fives).

What about a solid chip for your frac? I don't have time to do the mock ups right now. Maybe try a solid white (off white) chip. I think that would look good with the mix you have in place.

I like set one, great start.,.

For minimum chips, but great for .25/.50 I do this breakdown and have for 4 years?

100 - .25
120 - 1
130 - 5
40 - 20 (or 25)
10 - 100

Some of my players do 40-60 buy-in the rest do 100. I use the 20's for re-buys and later in the night 100's if it gets that big.

I looked at a charcoal frac or 20 but I thought the inlay being about the same color would look a little odd.

I don't love it either. Just running through some options. Sometimes just looking at a few different things might spark you to go in a different direction.

The best advice I can give about creating a custom set. Fucking enjoy the journey. Its fantastic!!!

Just a heads up on if you're putting the DG based chip in play a lot - the unweighted chips are noticeably lighter when you're playing with both weighted and unweighted chips. I chose a DG Peach for my quarter, and I wish it was weighted. Now this is to say I love the color and don't wish that I chose a lighter base color...just that I wish it was weighted, because it is noticeable during play.

Just a heads up on if you're putting the DG based chip in play a lot - the unweighted chips are noticeably lighter when you're playing with both weighted and unweighted chips. I chose a DG Peach for my quarter, and I wish it was weighted. Now this is to say I love the color and don't wish that I chose a lighter base color...just that I wish it was weighted, because it is noticeable during play.
This is great advice. And I am glad I saw it, as I am designing my set too, and had a dangling base planned. Will have to consider that carefully.

To me kinda feels like light-light-dark-dark. To bring some cohesion in you might want to try bringing in something dark on the $1. Maybe switch to Blue base, or a dark edgespot on the $1. If you go with a dark blue spot or base, you'll run into blue-blue-blue issues. Changing to Blue base for $1 started moving me towards this:
upload_2017-7-14_14-42-41.png

Looooove the color combo w/the Tiger.

The $1 and $20 are awesome, too. IMO, the $.25 doesn't pop as much as the other chips in your set. I like the color combo that @jskel did.

Great looking set!!

I like the white chip and the red chip with the other two that appear to be a lock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom