1st Build (1 Viewer)

chase

Two Pair
Reaction score
I'm a couple of nights in on my first build so I figured I would post a couple pictures. Things have been going pretty smoothly thanks to a couple of friends that are helping out. The only issue so far is the lip rail on the underside of the rail has a gap:/ I'm guessing the bit we used is too big which explains the gap, don't see how this would impact anything too badly?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The lip error
image.jpg

image.jpeg

Cup holders cut and supports glued
image.jpeg

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts. Am I going to have any issue w the lip rail? T Bolts are in and I'm probably at a 2.5" to 3" overhang and 3" to 3.5" on the playfield for the rail. Other than removing the rail and having to line the rail back up when I put it back on I think I'm ok? Anyway, it has been a fun process so far. Hopefully able to get this thing knocked out this weekend.

Assuming you used a router with a straight or spiral bit, that gap is normal and not an issue (a little wiggle room can be nice when bolting on the rail). Just make sure the gap is about same all around the table when you attached the rail and that the cutouts for the cup holders in the base lines up with the cutout in the rail. This way the rail will sit flat on the table.

Thanks @Irish ! I assumed the lip would fit really snugly from other threads that I've read so that makes me feel better : )

Some people use a jigsaw instead of a router to make their cuts which could explain why you get the impression of a tighter fit from other build threads.

Looking good so far! What materials did you go with for the rail and playing surface?

Thanks @Señor Tony ! I went with the 65lb rail foam,1/4" HD foam for the playfield, and padded suede (black) from YAT recommended by @Irish . Picked up a layout from the layout company on eBay for the playing surface. Jumbo cup holders are from @T_Chan . Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

Looks great! Please take lots of pictures of the rail vinal

Looking sweet. Yeah those legs look very sturdy. Glad they were worth the risk.

Thanks for keeping me informed. I will follow with interest for sure.

I'm starting a build and this makes me really want to get those legs... I was trying to keep this build cheap lol

First Build? man great job. Bet you are enjoying the hell out of it and can't keep it off your mind huh

Come on over to Minneapolis! You can watch Joe Mauer make 200k a game and wilt in the box at the sign of a kid giving him shit!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom