1960's Riverside Hotel TRK's Racks (1 Viewer)

AfterTheFact

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I'm in the process of acquiring a fair amount of these chips. Once they are in hand and evaluated they will be for sale by the rack. There are suppose to be about 2800 chips and ill keep a couple of racks for myself. This may be the start to that mixed TRK set you always wanted, stay tuned!

null-5.jpg

$200 a rack
May have been a bit less. There were 3 racks of mint chips I was going to keep but they wound up with the blue gopher in the end. I think I only have a sample set left.
IIRC, most of the initial 400 (then another 400) you sold me were for between $200-275 a rack. A handful in worse condition might've been around $200. The three mint racks were way more. Much later, over a period of years, I managed to pick up other racks that initially went elsewhere for $300-400 or so each.

Original story of my set:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ino-reno-massive-playable-cash-set-pr0n.4214/

Update:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...k-cash-set-updated-pr0n-and-a-surprise.26389/

IIRC, most of the initial 400 (then another 400) you sold me were for between $200-275 a rack. A handful in worse condition might've been around $200. The three mint racks were way more. Much later, over a period of years, I managed to pick up other racks that initially went elsewhere for $300-400 or so each.

Original story of my set:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ino-reno-massive-playable-cash-set-pr0n.4214/

Update:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...k-cash-set-updated-pr0n-and-a-surprise.26389/
I’m just glad they went to a forever home buddy.

Now I finally have a good reason to bring this thread back to life

I scored a rack of $25 recently - love them - and I’m going to be chasing 3-5 racks of $5 in the near future. Looks like there are plenty out there and one recently sold for $700/ ? What about the $1/$100?

@AfterTheFact given you scored the hoard initially you probably are the best person to ask - are all denoms in similar condition to the $25 pictured below?

Obligatory pr0n
93A3ED46-CA71-45C1-BAD7-09BBD9A050A3.jpeg

Stop my beating heart... damn nice score! What do the singles below imply, if anything? @gopherblue, what do you think? I am almost done with my rack, only 19 to go, tell me you aren't joining the fray?
20220306_090344.jpg

I scored a rack of $25 recently - love them - and I’m going to be chasing 3-5 racks of $5 in the near future. Looks like there are plenty out there and one recently sold for $700/ ? What about the $1/$100?

@AfterTheFact given you scored the hoard initially you probably are the best person to ask - are all denoms in similar condition to the $25 pictured below?

Obligatory pr0n
View attachment 1113733
Nice rack! How stupid of me not to have kept a small playable set for myself!

I’d say Elliot is the authority on these now, and he owns most of my initial hoard. The used $5’s were a bit more rounded than your $25’s. There were/are 3 mint racks of $5’s. The two racks of quarters I once owned looked near mint. The $100’s are in great shape but again Elliot sourced most of those. The $1’s remain a mystery. They are out there in quantity but no one knows who has them.
I only own a sample set currently.

Last edited:
i kept 300 used and the 300 mint ones. Sold 2100 spread between the US, Switzerland and Canada. I ended up making a great mixed Vegas/Reno playable set and made some new friends along the way.

That was me! IIRC I got the last of yours when they sat unsold for weeks @$100/rack. Who wants to sell me 18 more chips to get me to 5 full?

I also bought your rack of quarters. @AfterTheFact

Nevada Club $1s mostly came from spinettis at $1 per as well.

IMG_20211211_154634.jpg
IMG_20211211_154642.jpg

Last edited:

Obligatory pr0n
View attachment 1113733
I love brown shit (all shades) !
Those are the bomb!
I know, I know...
I need to start a 'brown shit' thread :).

Edit: (too many U.S. speaking quirks here for those that translate; I do not have shit fetish)
Edit Edit: love that $25 chip (not a typical brown as a measly frac) !

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom