• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine $15k Scroll Mold (1 Viewer)

This is like the fifth thread on these. Here’s a little write-up about them for any future reference:

PGI tried to use this stuff to make chips but failed and altered the molds in the process, so not only would it be extremely difficult to make chips using this equipment from scratch, but CPC wouldn’t be able to use the molds on their presses if they bought them. Also, the colors use ingredients that are illegal for use in most places (including, but not limited to, lead) and CPC already has a copy of all the recipes, so all of this equipment is pretty much useless to everybody who would potentially want it, excluding the collectors value of the mold cups and sample chips.

This is like the fifth thread on these. Here’s a little write-up about them for any future reference:

PGI tried to use this stuff to make chips but failed and altered the molds in the process, so not only would it be extremely difficult to make chips using this equipment from scratch, but CPC wouldn’t be able to use the molds on their presses if they bought them. Also, the colors use ingredients that are illegal for use in most places (including, but not limited to, lead) and CPC already has a copy of all the recipes, so all of this equipment is pretty much useless to everybody who would potentially want it, excluding the collectors value of the

PGI tried to use this stuff to make chips but failed and altered the molds in the process, so not only would it be extremely difficult to make chips using this equipment from scratch, but CPC wouldn’t be able to use the molds on their presses if they bought them. Also, the colors use ingredients that are illegal for use in most places (including, but not limited to, lead) and CPC already has a copy of all the recipes, so all of this equipment is pretty much useless to everybody who would potentially want it, excluding the collectors value of the mold cups and sample chips.

I’m not sure this is exactly correct as PGI did have sample sets made on the scroll mold. I bought one from them back on CT.

I feel like it’s more likely that they didn’t want to deal with taking the time and associated cost and hassle of manufacturing compression clay chips

I’m not sure this is exactly correct as PGI did have sample sets made on the scroll mold. I bought one from them back on CT.

I feel like it’s more likely that they didn’t want to deal with taking the time and associated cost and hassle of manufacturing compression clay chips
They might have been old Hispania samples. All that info is from David at CPC, so I just took it as accurate. They might have made some chips though.

They might have been old Hispania samples. All that info is from David at CPC, so I just took it as accurate. They might have made some chips though.

They were inlaid PGI advertising chips so my guess would be that they weren’t Hispania samples but no one really knows for certain. Edit: maybe David does? *shrug*

Just got home but if you want I can try to find them tomorrow and post a pic

Last edited:
They were inlaid PGI advertising chips so my guess would be that they weren’t Hispania samples but no one really knows for certain.

Just got home but if you want I can try to find them tomorrow and post a pic
That would be pretty cool. If I had to guess exactly what happened in that case would be that PGI bought the materials and made some chips using that equipment and those dyes, but then thought it would be cheaper with low pressure cups, so they modified the cups to fit a lower pressure press but never managed to get it to work, and were unable to reverse it. Or it may be that they actually figured it out but when they sold to ABC they gave up the project. If it’s the latter then these molds might not actually be that bad of an investment.

That would be pretty cool. If I had to guess exactly what happened in that case would be that PGI bought the materials and made some chips using that equipment and those dyes, but then thought it would be cheaper with low pressure cups, so they modified the cups to fit a lower pressure press but never managed to get it to work, and were unable to reverse it. Or it may be that they actually figured it out but when they sold to ABC they gave up the project. If it’s the latter then these molds might not actually be that bad of an investment.

Another long shot option is that PGI had ASM create the samples for them while they tried to figure out how to manufacture chips using the Hispania equipment. IIRC my samples (2 whole chips I believe) had brass flakes in them

This is 100% conjecture on my part however

I mean Id give him $150 :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :confused

1610087223100.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom