13 Card Poker??? anybody play this? (1 Viewer)

chipsmaster

Sitting Out
Reaction score
When I was in college I did a ski trip with a girl I was dating (she was Chinese) and her friends and their boyfriends, we rented a cabin and at night they got together and played a game of poker that they called "boe-do" it was 13 cards, where you made 3 hands, a 5 card hand, a second 5 card hand, and a 3 card hand.

and it had a "point system"

Before I got into any more detail does anybody know the game I am talking about?

Not necessarily open face. Similar game plays 2-, 3-, or 4-handed with cards held until the end.

In addition to the winning hands being paid there are bonus hands that you get paid extra for, and a few that you just get paid immediately from everyone.

You can also play for different stakes among the players as well. It pays in “units”

Played it growing up with my family. Bonuses are 6 pairs, 3 straights, 3 flushes and the dragon (13) card straight.

Played it growing up with my family. Bonuses are 6 pairs, 3 straights, 3 flushes and the dragon (13) card straight.

Yes, those are the ones you get paid immediately. Hand bonuses are for straight flush or quads on the back hand, full house or better on the middle hand, and trips in the front hand.
All this follows the rule that your first hand must be the strongest, then the middle, then the three card hand.

When I was in college I did a ski trip with a girl I was dating (she was Chinese) and her friends and their boyfriends, we rented a cabin and at night they got together and played a game of poker that they called "boe-do" it was 13 cards, where you made 3 hands, a 5 card hand, a second 5 card hand, and a 3 card hand.

and it had a "point system"

Before I got into any more detail does anybody know the game I am talking about?
We call this pipito here in Hawaii one person is the banker the other 3 try to
Beat his hand, we also have locks which auto wins locks are flush flush flush, quads, straight flush and royal flush

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom