SOLD 1200pc Paulson National Poker Series (w/36 plaques + custom button) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaTon44

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So I'm not really feeling too great about this decision, but here goes. Despite having a house mold, NPS chips were the reason why I got into poker chip collecting in the first place. These chips are surprisingly difficult to find, even moreso than their better looking cousins (Noirs) as of late.

These chips range in quality from good to excellent (half the chips only saw action once). Here's a breakdown:

T25 x 300
T100 x 300
T500 x 200
T1000 x 300
T5000 (plaque) x 16
T25000 (plaque) x 20
NCV (used as T5000) x 100
Custom dealer button

Total = 1200 chips, 36 plaques, 1 button

This is a complete set that can easily accommodate a 3 table tourney, and you would need to buy nothing else. It is certainly a favorite among my players.

I'm taking a few hundred dollars off the price I paid for everything, but if there isn't interest, these go back into the vault.

The asking price is $3,000 plus shipping. I will ship internationally, but expect it to cost at least $100 more.

20170208_212758.jpg
20161025_205355.jpg
20170208_212913.jpg
20170208_212851.jpg

Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Thanks!

Last edited:
Beauty of a set, Dan. Can't wait to see what you're picking up with the loot. The spots/colors on that T500 are among my very favorites in the Paulson home line.

Anyone even considering these should jump. Sets like this don't come around much anymore and you'd spend at least as much time as Dan did trying to put this together, likely at even greater an expense.

Beauty of a set, Dan. Can't wait to see what you're picking up with the loot. The spots/colors on that T500 are among my very favorites in the Paulson home line.

Anyone even considering these should jump. Sets like this don't come around much anymore and you'd spend at least as much time as Dan did trying to put this together, likely at even greater an expense.
Thanks Jack. These chips were almost exclusively purchased from international sellers, so it was a long road compiling them all. I appreciate the kind words.

Wow, your generosity does not seem to end! I was moderately interested in these at one point (being Paulsons and all) and had no idea where to find them. I wouldn't hesitate if anyone's looking for a set like this!

Oh boy.

Oh boy.

I can't believe your selling them and for that price it isn't going to last long.

Beautiful!

That's a lot of 1000s. What kind of chip distribution do you use for your tournament starting stacks with that set?

Also: PM sent.

Awesome PM questions from @Asano and @Sparty. Both asked basically the same questions about "good" vs "excellent" condition.

I will say that 400 of these chips came from a seller who shipped them to me very dirty. I cleaned and oiled them (so they may look brighter in the pics, especially the racks of 500's, one oiled) and designated them as "good" condition. There are a couple of fleabites (nicks) scattered throughout these 400 chips, but they all stand on edge, even the chips I indicated as the worst of the bunch.

The remaining 800 chips were either never played or played once by me. I don't use the term mint because that gets tossed around a lot and one's definition varies greatly from another. I would describe these as excellent.

Nuf talk. Here are some pics and you can assess for yourself.

20170209_091243.jpg
20170209_091507.jpg
20170209_091620.jpg
20170209_091838.jpg
20170209_091733.jpg
20170209_092203.jpg

@Asano gets first dibs, followed by @Sparty. If @Sparty passes as well, these are up for grabs. Thanks so much!

Beautiful!

That's a lot of 1000s. What kind of chip distribution do you use for your tournament starting stacks with that set?

Also: PM sent.
Sorry, I forgot to answer this question. For the only tourney I ran using these chips, I did 8, 8, 4, 7 (10k), then however you wanted to handle gray (5k) chips and the plaques. This was good for 14 people with less than half the chips used. I'd feel comfortable using this set for 3 full tables.

NPS was my very first set, and the one I regret selling the most. If I still hosted I would probably snap these up in a minute. Good luck with the sale

Sorry to keep you all on the edge of your seat this morning. I'm a late riser on the west coast. =)

Thanks Dan for the extra pictures, color, and candor about the chips! They in no way deterred me, fwiw. Truly a beautiful set. If I didn't already have a similar-sized Noir set, this would be a snap call. Even still, I love the NPS inlay and the plaques. I stared at those pics for hours last night. It was a really difficult decision.

Congratulations @Sparty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom