12-Tournament Sweat Thread June 2021

raynmanas

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have PP coming this week for everyone

received mine, thanks. my wife was an attempted victim of a venmo scam last week where they "accidentally" sent her some money and harassed the hell out of her to send it back, she made them go through venmo to reverse it. so when your paypal ID wasn't immediately obvious to me, i thought i was being similarly scammed.

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
received mine, thanks. my wife was an attempted victim of a venmo scam last week where they "accidentally" sent her some money and harassed the hell out of her to send it back, she made them go through venmo to reverse it. so when your paypal ID wasn't immediately obvious to me, i thought i was being similarly scammed.
That sounds like the worst scam ever.

Scammer: "I accidentally sent you money. I need you send it back"

Me: "No"

Scammer: "No really. I may be forced to take legal action"

Me: "OK, I'll check... No"

Scammer: "I mean it, this is serious!"

Me, actually checking to see if I have money from an unknown source, and seeing nothing: "Maybe it didn't come through. Try sending it to me again..." :whistle: :whistling:

raynmanas

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like the worst scam ever.

Scammer: "I accidentally sent you money. I need you send it back"

Me: "No"

Scammer: "No really. I may be forced to take legal action"

Me: "OK, I'll check... No"

Scammer: "I mean it, this is serious!"

Me, actually checking to see if I have money from an unknown source, and seeing nothing: "Maybe it didn't come through. Try sending it to me again..." :whistle: :whistling:

but the money does actually show up in your venmo account. basically they send it with a stolen card. it eventually won't clear, and venmo will pull it out of your account at that time. in the meantime, you have already sent them back $500 from your account, which did clear because your bank account is the backup. or something to that effect.

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
but the money does actually show up in your venmo account. basically they send it with a stolen card. it eventually won't clear, and venmo will pull it out of your account at that time. in the meantime, you have already sent them back $500 from your bank account, which did clear because your bank account is the backup. or something to that effect.
Tricky trixsters.

MrCatPants

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but the money does actually show up in your venmo account. basically they send it with a stolen card. it eventually won't clear, and venmo will pull it out of your account at that time. in the meantime, you have already sent them back $500 from your account, which did clear because your bank account is the backup. or something to that effect.
Yup. This is just the new version of check kiting.

Highli99

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. This is just the new version of check kiting.
I suspected Poppin's payment shenanigans involved some form of kiting nonsense as well. Also very similar to the old school fraud where people give you a check to cash for them then lo and behold the check bounces. Or someone “overpays” by accident and asks for a partial refund. All these are flavors of the same crack pipe.

Anthony Martino

Straight Flush
Reaction score
For those still waiting on payment, my PP shows the funds should clear tomorrow. Provided that happens I will issue all remaining payments, thanks for your patience!

Top Bottom