10NL Blitz on ACR: How to overplay a pocket pair (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
I thought this play by V was curious. Folds to V on BN who RFI to 2BB - this is a very small open from the BN. Already a slightly odd hand.
Hero flats and BB folds - BB must have had some real rags not to stay in the hand for 1BB.

1655141357421.png

Hero flops the stone cold nutter-butters. Hero X and V cbets pot. I think about just calling here but:
1. there is a FD out there so I would normally raise, and
2. his flop open size was suspect - maybe he has AA and was trolling for a 3! and is now trying to make up for lost value.

I generally dont like to raise when the opponent is polarized as that often lets them play perfectly but here the nuts are kind of hidden and if he has an overpair I'm going for max value.

1655141452394.png

Hero X raises to 4x (20BB and V calls).

1655141613321.png

Turn doesnt change the nuts but puts another FD on the board. I think it is unlikely that V has a BDFD here.
As V just called a big X/R so I'm going to keep going for value. Hero bets pot.

1655141719222.png

V min-clicks it back. If he has a set he has boat outs here but I'm way ahead so I just jam.

1655141759411.png

V calls the jam with pocket tens. Ouch! V is drawing completely dead here and Hero scoops.
I guess he must have put me on the front door flush draw with my X/R - but the A would likely pair AX of hearts so he lost me on the turn raise.
And then calling the jam - hard to think what he thought he was beating here.

1655141878303.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom