10NL Blitz on ACR. Folding AKs pre? Snowie approves. (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Hero in HJ RFI 2.5BB. CO 3! to 9BB. BN cold 4! to 23BB. Hero sigh folds.

Only have 140 hands on BN and HUD doesnt include a 4! percentage.
Didnt stick around to watch the hand but I did put it in Snowie. Snowie folds. Thoughts?

People generally are tight when cold 4! at this game. Plus he's IP and I have a player behind me - I cant possibly call.
Only play would be a jam which is probably a flip against KK, QQ, AK or worse AA.
Let my 2.5BB go and lived to fight another day!

1669766088793.png

1669766180316.png

I think the biggest factor here is that it's 3 ways. Even if they have some bluffs like it A5s, jamming here into two people almost certainly results in only getting called by KK or AA.

I applaud your discipline, but I come from the school of thought you cant win when you fold. Ive never folded AKs in my life preflop where I only have 100BB at risk. I probably have way too much gambool in me though. Stick with what the sims say I guess.

AK sooted… tough call. I’d sigh call and see a flop.

Part of me can find a fold but honestly i jam here half the time. Its true if we get called we probably against a high pair but i think we win the pot here enough and the only hand we absolutely hate to see is AA. I think we run into JJ qq enough that its a profitable shove.

Last edited:
I don’t see myself good enough to fold most of the time vs a Button 4! and holding suited AK

Good on you to fold the hand but definitely never show or tell ur hand if this is a home live game. Unless you don’t want to ever get invite back and be call a nit for at least the rest of your session

Part of me can find a fold but honestly i jam here half the time. Its true if we get called we probably against a high pair but i think we win the pot here enough and the only hand we absolutely hate to see is AA. I think we run into JJ qq enough that its a profitable shove.

I think we are behind all pocket pairs except 22 here. Against 22 we have a small equity edge.
So if we get it in against JJ I think we are not "getting it in good" or "flipping."
Now heads up I'm jamming AKs pre especially OOP as the jam will eliminate V's positional advantage.
But in this multi-way scenario it is possible that one of our opponents has a PP and the other has Ax.

We probably have an edge on the the 3-bettor given the performance of a 3! range against our exact hand, but the 4! range should be much tighter and we are very likely behind and OOP.

1669832049876.png

1669832077548.png

AK sooted… tough call. I’d sigh call and see a flop.
I don’t think call is much of an option when not closing action. Looks like a raise/fold spot

I would have raised the suited AK variety but maybe I’m fish

I agree this is raise/fold with the guy in the middle behind.

Not sure we would have much FE here as the cold 4! range has got to be pretty strong.

My EP range is linear - should have no bluffs and I'm early so should be fairly strong.
3 bettor is polarized but if he's 3! for value there's more strong stuff there.
Sure the 4 bettor has position but he's still got to be pretty strong - maybe QQ+, AK and none of those hands are folding to a jam IMHO.

I don’t think call is much of an option when not closing action. Looks like a raise/fold spot

I would have raised the suited AK variety but maybe I’m fish
Hmm… missed that.

I don’t know, is the 4-bettors range really that strong? What’s he suppose to do with TT-QQ/AK in that spot? Folding sucks, cold calling sucks. Granted, he may only call with KK+ if we shove, but folding out the above range seems pretty nice and no disaster if he decides to call wider with all the dead money? We’re only in real trouble against AA.

I don’t know, is the 4-bettors range really that strong? What’s he suppose to do with TT-QQ/AK in that spot? Folding sucks, cold calling sucks. Granted, he may only call with KK+ if we shove, but folding out the above range seems pretty nice and no disaster if he decides to call wider with all the dead money? We’re only in real trouble against AA.
Someone else had a thread for similar spot and snowie surprisingly (at least surprised me) by flatting KK. Maybe it has a big flat range facing the 3-bet.

Someone else had a thread for similar spot and snowie surprisingly (at least surprised me) by flatting KK. Maybe it has a big flat range facing the 3-bet.
The GTO bots definitely surprise me as well from time to time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom