10NL ACR Blitz: Roast my line (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Want feedback - is there any way to keep from going broke here?
BN RFI 2.5BB, Hero 3! 4x in BB with TT.

1630615535856.png

V tank 4! and Hero calls.

1630615581047.png

And flops middle set. V cbets 1/4 pot. 12 combos of AK vs 3 combos of AA. Hero jams.

1630615615739.png

V calls, binks his gutshot straight draw and then binks the BD flush on the river for the ultimate beat.
Thoughts?
Frankly a 4! with this hand seems wide and then calling with the gutter and BDFD seem pretty wide too.
I was 96% tp 6% so maybe this is just a suckout and I played it OK.

1630616308590.png

Last edited:
Villain had a double belly-buster draw on the flop - nines and kings make a straight. Plus the back door flush.

Hero flops middle set with a SPR of two. That is no place to fold.

Preflop . . . well Hero took a blind defense 3-bet and faces a 2/3 pot four-bet. Hero is almost committed to hand preflop for a lot of flops if he calls the four-bet.

Does Hero want to call the four-bet? What sort of range does villain have? It seems that the BB vs button steal dynamic makes a difference.

Should Hero five-bet jam preflop? Should he fold? I don't know that calling was the best choice. This seems like the key decision point to me. The resolution isn't clear - it is worth a discussion.

I rate this jam or fold preflop based on the estimated ranges but not calling.

Last edited:
The only points of interest in this hand are the villain's 4! with QJs and Hero's call of the 4!. You will see people being overly aggressive in ACR blitz. QJs isn't really a great candidate for a 4! at this stack depth. It doesn't have the best removal and flops very well.

Given the size of the 4! it's tough to fold TT even OOP. Plus, with the general aggression of ACR blitz players, I don't think folding it makes sense as you will just get run over. Jamming doesn't seem great as you generally will only be in a flip at best as he would just fold stuff like QJs and AXs.

So I think you played it just fine.

Thanks - appreciate your feedback. I cant fold TT here at this price and not jamming vs a 4! range.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom