10NL ACR Blitz: Do you raise the river here? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
HJ limps for 1BB, Hero punishes limping with AJo by raising to 4.5 BB. Folds back around to V who calls.

1667775059954.png

Hero flops 2nd pair and V leads for 1BB. Once again, Hero raises to 7.2BB. V calls.

1667775138647.png

River is a Q and V leads??? So he leads flop with TP for 1BB - I dont think so. Flop looks weak as I hold Ad and Qd is out there - If V was strong I think he'd be betting flop larger with the FD out there unless he is drawing himself, e.g. KJdd.
This is a big bet so I'm just calling - let him continue bluffing if that is his plan.

1667775196027.png

River gives Hero 2 pair. V downbets to 1/2 pot. Does Hero call or raise here? Folding probably isnt an option to this sizing.

1667775276579.png

Hard to give villain many hands where he calls a river raise yet loses to Hero, though maybe the pot odds will prove irresistible. I don't expect villain to fold trip queens to a river raise given how short he is.

The risk is too high vs. the reward. Let's get this hand to showdown.

DrStrange

Agreed. Hero just called here and V showed ten high. I would have thought a larger bet was warranted when bluffing river with nada here.

1667827360306.png

Interestingly, Snowie has this as a mix, folding 72% of the time. I think in the real world those 1BB bets are outliers which scream weakness and V's bet sizing doesnt make sense on any street so calling river is the right play.

1667827413982.png

Well done punishing those stupid bets. I wouldn't hate a raise here, since it is just one more bet...he can't re raise you. I think you can get a call from a J or a stubborn middle pocket pair here. Of course, this is zoom and you will in general be up against stronger hands at showdown.

I play PLO with this guy all the time that likes to lead for a BB only when he is weak. Funny thing is other players that are also weak will call. Gets to me, I pot with whatever and take it down (as long as nobody is behind me). Every now and again he will call the flop, then lead for a BB again on turn. Any decent raise is good enough to get him to fold. When he has a hand, he makes normal bets. I cannot believe he hasn't picked up on this, I have done it to him a hundred times.

I dont see value in raising the river ever here. Your hand is essentially a bluff catcher at the river since its a split pot with any Ax and diamonds didnt get there. I would be wary of K10 or Qx here 25% of the time with limpers. In 10-25nl pools I have seen limpers with Q3s all the time.

PS- I like preflop and flop sizing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom