10c /25c blinds set (1 Viewer)

Gubbins

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi all,

I play a cash game once a week. There's usually 5 of us, but on some occasions there can be around 7; max 8. But for the time being I can budget for 5 players with a few rebuys and buy the rest later.

We use dice chips at the moment and they do the job, but I really want to get some nice chips involved.

I am on a budget here, and don't want to be spending too much, so I'm looking at some China Clays, probably used as well to save further.

We play blinds of 10p/25p and usually buy in for £15/20. However there's usually 2 or 3 rebuys.

What do you suggest would be the best denoms for chips? I would like to stick with 10p /25p as opposed to going 25p/25p.

How many chips do you think I will need, how many of each chip and how much do you think this would cost me from an EU site (I am based in UK.)

I noticed that not all CC sets offer 5c or 10c chips.

I have searched the forum and found a few threads, but I am not able to buy 10 players worth with multiple rebuys at this stage, and have specific ideas regarding blinds.

Thank you for your help. Apologies for the newb questions.

Switching to .25/.25 will save the need for .05 chips and your game shouldn't play any bigger. Also, 15-20 buy ins are short for a .25 BB. Maybe go down to .05/.10 or .10/.20?

I plan my total bank to be 3 100 BB buy ins per player. Note that my regular players aren't big gamblers, and it is rare someone buys in more than twice.

For my .25/.25 game I like:

- one barrel of quarters per player, but you can make it work with less if you're on a budget - 16/player should be ok.

- 1.5 barrels of 1s, minimum, per player.

- enough 5s for re-buys, and if your game plays really big or your budget is really tight, some 25s instead of 5s.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
I know "don't change something that works" but personally I love playing $.10/$.20 same as P but cents in the states... if you went with .10/.20 once chip would be your blinds where with .10/.25 you need 2 different chips to cover the blinds correct? Unless you are using a bunch of .05s?

If you went .10/.20 your denominations would be .10, .50, 1, 5, 20.

So 5 players... again I hear "budget" and sounds pretty tight so maybe looking to go minimum here. So I would say starting stacks of
10 x .10 = 1 × 5 = 50
10 x .50 = 5 x 5 = 50
9 x 1 = 9 x 5 = 45
1 x 5 = 5 x 5 = 5
Rebuys first 5
4 x .50 = 2 x 5 = 20
3 x 1 = 3 x 5 = 15
3 x 5 = 15 x 5 = 15
Rebuys 6 - 10
5 x 1 = 5 x 5 = 25
3 x 5 = 15 x 5 = 15
Rebuys 11 - 15
4 x 5 = 20 x 5 = 20
Rebuys 16 - 30
1 x 20 = 20 x 15 = 15

If we add all of that up we have
.10 x 50
.50 x 70
1 x 85
5 x 55
20 x 15
Or 275 chips. Should cover your 5 player game well.

I personally would rather have starting stacks of 15/15/11 and not introduce the 5 (weird money symbol! Lol) until rebuys start.

But if you want to stick to your current game of .10/.25... let us know what denominations you normally play and I would be happy to give a breakdown that works into your existing game.

Also need to know if you go "economy" (smallest starting stacks but still gets the job done... but more change making) or if you want it more "fluid" (lots of low denom chips in play, means more chips to buy but less change making and larger stacks on the table)

Welcome to the forum @Gubbins my name is Ben and always around if you need any help!

How does your game play? After the blinds are posted, what is the minimum raise? Does everyone chuck in 25p and limp into the pot? Or does someone raise to a quid and the penny chips are never used again in the hand?

The reason I ask is that in a conventional game played that the appropriate stakes, 25p big blind will generally elicit a 75p min raise or £1 since it's easier to throw out one chip. That being the case, your workhorse chips are £1.

But more commonly, especially amongst recreational players, I would expect to see a min raise to 50p which may stop a couple players but you'll still have 3-4 going to the flop and your 25p chip will see more use.

I would like to stick with 10p /25p as opposed to going 25p/25p.
I would reconsider this, especially if you’re on a tight budget trying to make the most of it. 25/25 will not play bigger than 10/25 and the nickel or dime-chip is useless for anything other than posting sb.

I have searched the forum and found a few threads, but I am not able to buy 10 players worth with multiple rebuys at this stage, and have specific ideas regarding blinds.
A rebuy should only get 1 chip, a 20 if the rebuy is 20…and the recipient make change at the table. You don’t need more chips for rebuys.

Uncle Sam makes everything you need, called coins aka spare change. I just use actual coins for low limit games like that. Otherwise, I would just use tournament chips with no cash value and make them whatever denomination I want for that particular day/game

If you stick with 10p/25p blinds, you will only need a very small number of 10p chips for the instances where someone will post the SB and then fold preflop. Depending your game and players, that may almost never happen. Most cases the SB will toss in the 25p if it's a limped pot or x number of 25p to call the raise. Assuming standard raises will be a multiple of the 25p.

I think you'd only need 2 barrels of 10p at most.

Uncle Sam makes everything you need, called coins aka spare change. I just use actual coins for low limit games like that. Otherwise, I would just use tournament chips with no cash value and make them whatever denomination I want for that particular day/game
A5D28CF6-9FA6-4796-B866-A8549F6A45BC.gif

A rebuy should only get 1 chip, a 20 if the rebuy is 20…and the recipient make change at the table. You don’t need more chips for rebuys.
Wowzer... sorry but BAD advice here... let's say you take my 2nd breakdown above and only have .10/ .50/ 1 in play... no $5s on the table, and that you didn't loose all of your first stack to the same person... say the chip leader is sitting with $28 when you rebuy. Who is breaking the $20? The guy with $28 leaving him $8 in playable denoms? Again we haven't even put any $5s in play yet... at minimum the first few rebuys need to be 4 - $5 chips... you can break a $5 in this scenario but good luck breaking that $20.

Same thing with a $100 buy in... we have .25/ 1/ 5 not many have any $25s in play off the break... first rebuy and the chip leader is Sitting at $160 and you want him to give up his barrel of $5s? Good luck.

More change in the game means less change making, anyone ever stopped and said "man I am running well check out my 12 chip stack, I have 4 $100s" yuck!

Just this year alone @FordPickup92 and I have probably played in 25 different "home game" settings across the country and I have never seen anyone give out a single chip rebuy until maybe 2 - 3 rebuys per player deep.

The assumption was that all other denoms were already out on the table. I was responding to the concerns the OP had about buying enough chips for multiple full rebuys for 10+ players for 7-8 current players.
Obviously if there’s lower denoms available, the single chip is unnecessary.

Thanks for everyone who has replied to this thread, I’ve taken heed of everyone of these posts. I hadn’t thought about breaking rebuys down into less chips for some reason.

And thank you Ben for breaking down the denominations so clearly.

Multiply ways of saving money here, but it just wants to make me spend more for lol.

Really torn between apache style clays vs maybe having a nab at these up coming chip room sale on Sunday for the beat up Paulsons, which have some good denoms.

Need to decide on a set and whether the lack of a 10c chip is a deal breaker or not. I know apache pharaohs have 10c chips but it does limit what you can look at… any suggestions?

I concur with the above

I will suggest just Pain once & Do it right and go for a 500/600 chip set build around 10 person instead

Card Mold (CM) Ceramic is prob your best bet for budgeted set.

I used to play 10/20c with my OG group and bought this set
1665019753506.png

1665019762637.png

The Group had since then move up the stake to 25c/25c which we change a new set. Also CM set as well.
1665019969295.png

1665019976868.png

Last edited:
Either 10/20 or 25/25 are much better than 10/25 from both a chip set and game play perspective, while they are all basically the same stakes from a monetary view.

10/20 requires only 10-denom chips, and 25/25 only requires 25-denom chips. But 10/25 requires both denoms, and worse, the 10-denom chips can't be used to make change for the 25-denoms -- making them very inefficient and awkward to use

Following this with interest, there doesn’t seem to be any good UK sellers of cash sets.

OP, what did you buy in the end?

Following this with interest, there doesn’t seem to be any good UK sellers of cash sets.

OP, what did you buy in the end?
I found another Uk buyer who was purchasing similar stuff.

We were both buying a rack off the same guy who agreed to be a re-shipper from the U.S. we then spent about a month shipping all the stuff we wanted to this re-shipper. And the chips were shipped to the UK this morning.

We bought about 800 chips total between us and split the shipping.

In short, you need to find a re-shipper. There are however some good items that do come up from Europe occasionally.

What are you looking for?

Sorry for the ignorance but what’s a re-shipper and how do they avoid the usual shipping/customs costs?

Looking at a new CPC rounders tourney set, but likely ~1000 pcs so it’s just cost prohibitive and thinking either going out myself or asking friends in the US to bring them back during their frequent return visits.

A re-shipper is someone who we can get all the chips sent to in U.S. who can then send them all over to the U.K at once.

I think your main issue is locating the full set. I would put a wanted add in the classified section. Have you tried that?

You may find that you have to buy it rack by rack, in which case find a re-shipper would be useful as you won’t have to pay $80 shipping to UK everytime for each rack.

in terms of the set, that’s no issue, I’m already in touch direct with CPC and the price for the set from them is fine. There are a couple of potential sets on the classifieds that have come up too if I go that route.

In terms of the re-shipping, does coming from a person I can ship to in US mean Im less likely to be landed with a big customs/shipping bill?

I have plenty of US contacts I could ship to, but I assumed regardless of who it’s coming from I would risk huge taxes and shipping costs regardless?

It’s quite cheap shipping within the U.S.

The idea with a re-shipper is simply that you only have to pay the steep transatlantic shipping fees one time.

Thanks for everyone who has replied to this thread, I’ve taken heed of everyone of these posts. I hadn’t thought about breaking rebuys down into less chips for some reason.

And thank you Ben for breaking down the denominations so clearly.

Multiply ways of saving money here, but it just wants to make me spend more for lol.

Really torn between apache style clays vs maybe having a nab at these up coming chip room sale on Sunday for the beat up Paulsons, which have some good denoms.

Need to decide on a set and whether the lack of a 10c chip is a deal breaker or not. I know apache pharaohs have 10c chips but it does limit what you can look at… any suggestions?

You have gotten a lot of good advice here, but I must give you another idea for dimes. I don't know of any stock CC set that has 10c chips. Pharaoh's has 5c, which I really like and have some of. But see these grey Milanos here? They are Milano 50c chips with the labels removed, replaced with custom 10c labels from Gear Labels. I chose the grey because they are close to the color of an actual dime, and it is a nice but simple looking chip for a low denomination. In there with them is a CC Pharaoh's 5000 relabeled as a $20.

I run some cash games with nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars, and fives, which breaks all the rules of too many denominations, but is for "old time's sake" hearkening back to college days playing with change. Ultimately I agree with others that dimes and quarters together is best avoided.

For mixed play with friends I am shifting to using the exact kind of set that Ben8257 recommended: 10c, 50c, $1, $5, $20. Leaving out both the nickels and the quarters, but adding 50c, because I like it. (Personally I like having both halves and ones, it's kind of like having 500s and 1000s in tournament play.)

.25 / .25 is fine if all you are playing is Holdem / Blind structure games - .25/.25 or .25/.50 for No-Limit, higher for Limit.

But to play other games, like Stud variants, and if you are going to use a traditional Ante, then having those .10 chips is nice. Otherwise the quarter antes could be too big proportionately for the kind of stakes you are playing. I like to play with a 10c ante and 2.00 Spread Limit. But you can use those same chips .20/.40 for No Limit like some have suggested here, and that sounds like good stakes to me.

Attachments

• IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2150.jpg
    IMG_2150.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 22

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom