1000th post! (1 Viewer)

Mr Winberg

Full House
Reaction score
Looks like this will be my...

[drum roll]

Screenshot_20200228-205924_Chrome.jpg

...1000th post! My first post was on the 10th of feb last year:

Hi! I'm a Swede who likes playing poker and preferably so with something else than dice chips. Back when the poker boom hit Sweden everyone bought either dice chips or the "suited design", but I wanted to stand out so I bought the tri-color suit design (all the way from the US), which everyone thought were really bad-ass! Clay chips? Haden't heard of it back then...

Since 2005, I've been up until now using the slugged tri-color plastic chips to semi-regularly host tournaments, from a few times a month to a few times a year, depening on interest.

I'm glad to be here, looking forward to some interesting reading!

Ps. I wrote "up until now", didn't I? Look what was waiting for me on Tuesday :)
View attachment 246524

Gotta open it up!!
View attachment 246525

Mmmmm... Milanos! The black and pink made it safely :)

The rest?
View attachment 246526

View attachment 246527

Uh oh... Got a bit worried!
View attachment 246537

Thankfully, the only casualties were one green and one purple.

So far, that is, I haven't opened them all up yet. Why not? Because I needed chips to be cleaned and oiled before Saturday's tournament, and the only time slots I could allocate to such critical tasks were at night!

Tuesday night
I cleaned the 1200 chips I was gonna use for the T10K tournament with 20/20/15 starting stacks (I love tall stacks and I love purple). I was expecting around 16-20 players.

Wednesday night
I oiled 300 purple, 80 yellow, 20 pink, and 40 black chips using a method that apparently is the one to use when doing it right.

I couldn't leave this stuff around to dry, I needed to find a place out of reach from my children, because toddlers are infamous for going south with chips, and I couldn't let that happen. Like Eminem, I cleaned out my closet.
View attachment 246543

Thursday night
I oiled 360 black and 140 green chips. Also did the label wiping and the rolling edge thing with Wednesday's batch.

Since I only had this night and Friday night left, I also did the rolling edge step on the remaining 260 green. There was neither energy nor closet space left for compression oiling...
View attachment 246544

Friday night
I performed the first step compression oiling on the remaining, pre-rolling edge oiled 260 greens...
View attachment 246545

... as well as the rolling edge oiling on Thursday's batch.
View attachment 246546
Ah, yeah! Four stacks of high society!
(Represented here by 4 racks of greasy working class)

Saturday afternoon
I quickly and sloppily took a towel and made sure the chips weren't greasy. Surprisingly, the Thursday batch was greasier than the Friday batch, but thowing them into a large towel and massaging them a bit took care of that.

Chips oiled and ready!
View attachment 246549

Got the room ready. Only the table cloths to go, then I'm all set!
View attachment 246550

The Milano's first tournament
There's a myth that there exists some kind of curse, that you always lose when breaking in a new set. This is so superstitial, unscientific, and just plain wrong. How can anyone actually believe that?

Anyway, out of 18 players I was the first to bust. :-(

Lesson: ALWAYS add the first game's loss to your budget when buying chips! The curse is real, folks, very real!!

Chips in action
These pics were taken by the winner, he allowed me to post them.
View attachment 246551

I know, a crappy cloth, but I just spent a fortune on chips, shipping, and import charges, so give me a break, guys, what more do you want from me!?
Also, it was table three, first to break up.

The winner:
View attachment 246558

All in all I'm very happy with the chips, and they got a good response! Not a single "why didn't you buy high quality chips instead? These are too light".

tl;dr: I'm from Sweden and I bought chips.

...so it only took a little over a year! The OOC thread has helped a lot. :)

I guess I've been quite active in the tournament structure threads, and despite promising myself to not engage in ante wars I have found myself typing a thing or two on the matter. But apart from that, it's been mostly trolling and the occasional derailment. You know, the usual.

A lot of folks do giveaways when reaching milestones, but I'll do the opposite: Look what was given to me today!!

20200228_202745.jpg

20200228_203004.jpg

A plaque and jeton sample set of the future winner of the 2020 hybrid set of the year, made by @HMK! I know there are a few who ordered samples, but I got mine hand delivered by @HMK himself!

One thing I really have PCF to thank for (apart from all the great and knowledgeable and sometimes ridiculously generous people) is that I get to play poker with @HMK and his gang of degens. I thought that I was the scrub donkey king in my little town with my massive Milano and Classic Paulson knock-off CC sets, but then HMK reaches out over PM and asks "Hey, northern Sweden you say? Where?" and it turns out we're in the same town, the same age, and went to the same highschool at the same time. Quite a coincidence since there are like 4 Swedes here at PCF.

Then it turns out he had CDI:s.... so much for sitting on the scrub donkey throne :(

Well, I am the interim king because he has sold his CDI:s to buy sunflys, which have caught the corona virus! So I'll reign a few more weeks! :sneaky:

PCF, @Tommy, everyone, this is a great community! I have no idea if the good ole days were better or not, and sure: Sometimes there are some people nagbing...sorry, nagging each other, but I really think the here and now is amazing!

I don't know if my next project will be Paulsons, Sunflys, or DDLM, all I know is it will yet again have to fly under the wife's radar, followed by a "I got them for peanuts in the classifieds! The childrens savings account...? Oh, eh, the market moved against us, but it'll recover, don't worry".

Here's to a 1000 more posts!

Last edited:
Hipp hipp horay! It's been great to get to know you mate. Whenever i have doubted if it really is a good idea to spend all my money on poker chips you have been there to lift my spirits and encourage me to buy even more stuff. You're a true enabeler. Every scrub donkey needs one! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Hey...what's up with this, a flush... and why do I only got a stinking pair?! :banghead: well spammed my friend.

Well...if you buy more sunfly sets... that means more design posts, then more pr0n posts... you'll have trips in no time!

Your know, you don't need to play limit to own a limit set...

Hipp hipp horay! It's been great to get to know you mate. Whenever i have doubted if it really is a good idea to spend all my money on poker chips you have been there to lift my spirits and encourage me to buy even more stuff. You're a true enabeler. Every scrub donkey needs one! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Hey...what's up with this, a flush... and why do I only got a stinking pair?! :banghead: well spammed my friend.
My brother you will get 2 pair status at shortly!! Its all about the content not the number of posts!! Did not get your plaques in play but had our first game with the CDIs last weekend!
20200222_183457.jpg

Cant wait to see the new hybrids in play!!

Congratulations @Mr Winberg ON THE 1000TH POST!! Great milestone sir!! Fellow chipper Ben

Congratulations!!! Keep up the progress!!! And way to be a head chip honcho in Sweden!!!

Thanks! But I did say "in my town", cause I'm pretty sure @Eriks is at the top of the Swedish chip stack. And as soon as @HMK's sunflys arrive I'll be put back in my place. For those who haven't seen it:
I went ahead without changes, i think and hope they will look great when i get them. The plaques should be in my hands any day, the chips about 3 weeks from now, i hope.

Super excited to put this line up in play. :)
View attachment 413873

My brother you will get 2 pair status at shortly!! Its all about the content not the number of posts!! Did not get your plaques in play but had our first game with the CDIs last weekend!
View attachment 415143
Cant wait to see the new hybrids in play!!

Congratulations @Mr Winberg ON THE 1000TH POST!! Great milestone sir!! Fellow chipper Ben

Thanks! Glad to see the chips put to good use! I was a bit sad to see him sell, but looking forward to those hybrids!

During when we still had mandatory military service i actually, for real, had to practice to shout "god save the King". Our regiment had to serve guarding the castle all dressed up in fancy uniforms, bearskin grenadiers hat and sporting some old relic of a wooden rifle when our King recieved esteemed guests like diplomats and such.

Thats when i knew i prefered a republic. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Some 40 years ago my mom thought it was a fun idea that my initials was the same as the short form for his majesty the king. And yeah, 40 years later i thought it was a good idea to put that on a label for some poker chips.

REPUBLIC! REPUBLIC! REPUBLIC! :sneaky:

Last edited:
Thanks! But I did say "in my town", cause I'm pretty sure @Eriks is at the top of the Swedish chip stack. And as soon as @HMK's sunflys arrive I'll be put back in my place. For those who haven't seen it:

Don’t know about that top, happy 1k though, sir! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom