• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine 1000 chip capacity Paulson case (with non-Paulson chips) in Austin, TX - $75 (2 Viewers)

kaimat

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
@colter ripton has contacted the seller to purchase

It has been up for a while, so the seller may be willing to accept a lower price. I know a lot of people really like these old cases.

@colter ripton

1594650774313.png

Last edited:
I looked online and do not really see a relative valuation for such a case. Anyone have an opinion on that, taking into account the blemish(es) I see on top?

Pretty sure I have the 500 version of this case. It doesn't have a brand name on it, but is great quality. My favorite case.

The chip rack is one piece and removable. Nice to put that on the table while doing buy ins, etc.

I would easily pay $100 for that case... heavy cases get scratched up!! Drop the chips by the local shooting range... they will take them! Great pick up to whom ever got the case. Damn with the removable tray I would probably go higher! Beautiful!!

Is the wooden tray within removable? Definitely worth the $75 if local pickup can be arranged. Chips go to Goodwill, and that's a nice deal!

What identifies this as a "Paulson" case?
I don't actually think that's a paulson case. I've seen them with plastic inserts and wood inserts, but not with a wood finish outer case (usually vinyl or maybe leather?) Maybe it is and I just haven't seen similar ones, but if I had to guess,, I'd guess no.
I looked online and do not really see a relative valuation for such a case. Anyone have an opinion on that, taking into account the blemish(es) I see on top?
Homestly, whatever it's worth to you. There's really no way to value vintage cases, except for experience and an opinion.

I can pick up for you but not sure how to ship. If you decide you don’t want it, I’d take it (I’m in Austin).
Would need to know dimensions, but probably UPS or Fedex is the best bet. Looks too large to fit in a LFRB.

Pretty sure I have the 500 version of this case. It doesn't have a brand name on it, but is great quality. My favorite case.

The chip rack is one piece and removable. Nice to put that on the table while doing buy ins, etc.
We may have had this exchange before, but I don't see the advantage. I feel like picking up that tray out of the case creates a real risk of dumping that tray. And how much more convenient is it to work out of that tray, vs working out of that case? Unless you're looking for something to leave in front of the dealer all night (in which case you should have a built in tray) I don't get it.

I assume this is like the smaller versions where the tray has little "handles" or cutouts on the side so you can pretty easily lift the tray straight out of the case.

I have heard rumors that Colter doesn't actually use the briefcase part, he just likes the wooden trays.

We may have had this exchange before, but I don't see the advantage. I feel like picking up that tray out of the case creates a real risk of dumping that tray. And how much more convenient is it to work out of that tray, vs working out of that case? Unless you're looking for something to leave in front of the dealer all night (in which case you should have a built in tray) I don't get it.

It can be taken out or left in.

I like to take out the tray and put it on the table when doing buy ins or add ons. Easier to use then vs. having the whole case on the table where the lid is in the way. If it's just one rebuy, I'll leave the case where it's at (usually further from the table).

Regardless, if you never remove the chip rack, it's still a nice looking, sturdy case. The handle is comfortable to carry to and doesn't feel like it's going to break off at any second like some of the cheap cases out there.

Though removing the 1000 chip tray might be a bit heavy. One reason I prefer the 500 version.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom