100% lead free poker chips (1 Viewer)

arthas

Waiting List
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 500 poker chip set that costs 100$ or less. I really like nexgen chips like pioneer club and roman times because they have smooth square edges, they are not heavy and they are inexpensive. but I'm not sure if they are 100% lead free or not. I've heard most of ceramic chips are lead free but ceramics are way more expensive than nexgens.
anyone can help me finding 100% lead free chips with smooth square edges that costs under 100$ for a set of 500??

Unless you are purchasing true high-end 'clay' chips produced prior to 2007, the lead content in modern poker chips is negligible.

However, the chips you refer to as 'nexgens' are not Nexgen chips. The original Nexgen chips were injection-molded 12.5g chips with a metal slug insert, and the material was a softer hockey-puck like plastic -- available in three molds: LAS VEGAS, River Poker Tour, and Lucky Bee (two versions, small label and large label).

A different line of chips was introduced later, called NexGen Pro - those were injection-molded 9.5g chips on the arrow-P mold, and are relatively hard plastic with squared edges (a feature of most ABS chips).

Several other chip lines were also produced using similar process and materials to the NexGen Pro but with different molds, including Desert Palms, Dunes Commemoratives, Pioneer Club, four different armed forces chips (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines), and a few others. The Roman Times chips are also injection-molded plastic using similar materials, but produced with a cross-hatched no-markings mold.

None contain any significant amounts of lead.

Last edited:
Here's a link to a set of 1000 for $150, which is a great price (typically around 25c each). Buy 'em, and sell off the extras you don't need.

http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/dunes-1000ct-for-150.17047/

dunes-jpg.71882

Unless you are purchasing true high-end 'clay' chips produced prior to 2007, the lead content in modern poker chips is negligible.

However, the chips you refer to as 'nexgens' are not Nexgen chips. The original Nexgen chips were injection-molded 12.5g chips with a metal slug insert, and the material was a softer hockey-puck like plastic -- available in three molds: LAS VEGAS, River Poker Tour, and Lucky Bee (two versions, small label and large label).

A different line of chips was introduced later, called NexGen Pro - those were injection-molded 9.5g chips on the arrow-P mold, and are relatively hard plastic with squared edges (a feature of most ABS chips).

Several other chip lines were also produced using similar process and materials to the NexGen Pro but with different molds, including Desert Palms, Dunes Commemoratives, Pioneer Club, four different armed forces chips (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines), and a few others. The Roman Times chips are also injection-molded plastic using similar materials, but produced with a cross-hatched no-markings mold.

None contain any significant amounts of lead.
I like dunes and roman times but I like the design of roman times more. So you're saying lead content in these chips (dunes or roman times in particular) is not noticeable?? I was wondering that eating while playing with these chips might be an issue...

You heard wrong. Unless you plan on grinding up real clay chips into powder (those clay chips that actually contain lead, that is, because not all do) and either sniffing or digesting them, there is no risk.

And as stated above, those Roman Times chips are NOT clay, they are injection-molded plastic. No lead.

Welcome to the forum.

We played with these yesterday. Safe to eat while playing, although they're slippery, don't stack well, and are difficult to shuffle. My stack was decimated very quickly. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

20161223_184412.jpg
20161223_184533.jpg

Welcome to pcf. You could post a "wanted" ad in the classified section with your criteria and maybe someone on here has a set for you

You heard wrong. Unless you plan on grinding up real clay chips into powder (those clay chips that actually contain lead, that is, because not all do) and either sniffing or digesting them, there is no risk.

And as stated above, those Roman Times chips are NOT clay, they are injection-molded plastic. No lead.
Yep some retailers advertised them as true clay but yeah as you said they are plastic. looks like roman times set is the best option for me. thank you so much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom